VW Golf VII Discover Pro MIB1 retrofit - maps blocked

XPepino

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=91614
Hello,
i made retrofit to VW Golf 7 MK7 - Navigation Discover Pro MIB1 (first version) from radio Composition Media. Everything works fine, i remove SW version error, but NAVI is still blocked.
I know, that exist solution with empty tank, but it is crazy solution for me.
I upload there newest firmware 388.

Navi is still not working :-(

I know about one group APG (from Ukraine or Poland) that have know-how with removed CP and working NAVI, but it is not cheap and not good for me send outside CZ.

Navigation was working before was removed from crashed car.

Hope that can exist some trick with WLAN card or VIN and modified file (like for MMI), that someone know and can share it ?

I already made some NAVI updates for Audi MMI 3G for my friends for free, so I hope that now someone can help me :-) (or many other)

Thanx a lot!

golfi_vend

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=195131
Only way right now is to install it in car where all is active, remove CP and then remove CP completly via other methods. Reason for no-nav is because ODIS will check PR codes and won't activate nav function.

Dutchie

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=125479
If Golf_Vendi is right on the PR codes. Then perhaps Vag can pro ( sorry Uwe :P ). As it can program PR codes in the BCM.

golfi_vend

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=195131
If Golf_Vendi is right on the PR codes. Then perhaps Vag can pro ( sorry Uwe :P ). As it can program PR codes in the BCM.

No, PR codes are assosiated with your VIN. VCP can program PR code related functions to BCM, not change them in VW server in motherland.

Dutchie

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=125479
Ah thanks, misinterpeted the system

XPepino

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=91614
Hello guys. Thank you for your help.
I asked APG for help, but they want to pay 250EUR + shipping. It is not so high price, but I have to send it outside Czech and it is so high price for illegal think :-/ I think, that lots of people should share this knowleage between each other and make profit from non legal business is not good :-/
My opinion is:
They wants to send only navi unit - so other units in the car are not affected in this navi problem.
I tried update maps, the problem still persist.
Navi starts and then say Navi data not validated.
If I activate Green menu, there appear in page Service mode - Functional Code (FEC, SWaP), can it have something to do with activation of navi ?
Hope that sameone will soon share his expirience with functional Navi.

Dutchie

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=125479
No experiance with the green screen. What kind of os is it running on? Can you see that in the green screen? Perhaps you can ssh in to the module to change the vin to your vehicle

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
Hello,
i made retrofit to VW Golf 7 MK7 - Navigation Discover Pro MIB1 (first version) from radio Composition Media.

Thanx a lot!

XPepino: Forgive me for stating the obvious, and you probably have done this already. But, just to confirm - if you originally had a Composition Media, then have you modified the antenna circuitry on the car to accommodate the SATNAV as part of the retrofit?

POfiPUx.png

Don

Reactions: Uwe

XPepino

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=91614
Hello Don
I don't have shark antena on the roof ...
I used normal GPS antena with fakra and put it under dashboard. Signal I tested from GPS is good, i see 8 satellites (in green menu).
Or did you mean something else ?
Thanx Tomas

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
Hello Don
I don't have shark antena on the roof ...
I used normal GPS antena with fakra and put it under dashboard. Signal I tested from GPS is good, i see 8 satellites (in green menu).
Or did you mean something else ?
Thanx Tomas

Thomas: My bad - just wanted to make sure that this aspect of the retrofit was OK

Thanks
Don

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
Are you using a genuine VW map SD card?

They have extra data written into non-user areas (which cannot be removed when doing a format) and the MIB1 looks for this data to exist otherwise it rejects the SD card.

XPepino

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=91614
Hello, no I dont have original SD card :-/
I did not find any place where i can download it :-/
Do you have any other tip ? Or where i can download ?

Thanx

Tomas

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
Hello, no I dont have original SD card :-/
I did not find any place where i can download it :-/
Do you have any other tip ? Or where i can download ?

Thanx

Tomas

Tomas: As indicated by PetrolDave, you need to use an original VW SD card because it contains the special non accessible code. Downloading the maps onto a normal SD card simply doesn't work! The instructions for downloading the maps can be found HERE. Note the first step in the instructions which says:

1. You need the SD-CDA card containing the previous map data from your navigation system

If you want to download the maps for Europe (in English), go HERE and select the model "mk7" and the year for the retrofitted MIB from the pull-down button.

Don

PS: note that the total download size is of 23 GB - so, even with a good ISP, it does take a while to load onto your PC/laptop

Last edited:

XPepino

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=91614
Hello
SD card is for Discovery Media, I have Discover Pro with HDD, there is no needed original SD card :-/

Here is the link

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
SD card is for Discovery Media, I have Discover Pro with HDD
Apologies!

IIRC the Discovery Pro can only be updated from a DVD, but as I have the Skoda equivalent of Discovery (Amundsen) I haven't properly researched how to update the Discovery Pro (which Skoda call Columbus).

Van Deursen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=91356
don't agree with this, also MIB I & MIB II what also Discover Pro are, are updatable by SD cards Firmware and maps as well. However if the nav still is not working i know a guy who will fix the nav on your vin and it will work like it was factory fitted.

Dutchie

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=125479
@ van deursen. Can you preform them updates or?

XPepino

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=91614
don't agree with this, also MIB I & MIB II what also Discover Pro are, are updatable by SD cards Firmware and maps as well. However if the nav still is not working i know a guy who will fix the nav on your vin and it will work like it was factory fitted.

Hello Van
Thank you for reply. I think, that it is the way, but I already was in VW dealer and activated everything except navi :-( Do you have more infos about it ?
Also due to offer APG, exist other way of activating maps, dont you think ?

Van Deursen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=91356
dealers don't know that much, sended a reply i think to the thread starter with the guy who can solve this issue.
Ofcourse they activate the maps on some way but neither does i know how, but i know my collegue can do it, i've seen him doing it... and also i leave this info and knowledge up to him, everyone his expertise.

@Ducthie i don't know if i can talk freely on this forum about this guy, but he's living close by dutch border in Belgium.