Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=271942
V.16.8
Windows 7 Pro SP1 64 bit
Panasonic CF-30 Mk2 Core2 Duo 1.60GHz
256GB SSD, 4GB RAM

When I have the wifi adapter switched off VCDS loads in 3 or 4 seconds. With the adapter on, it takes 90+ seconds. Disabling updates in Options doesn't help. Any idea how to speed things up and not lose update checking by switching off wifi?

I suppose that begs another question - what does RT Updater in the Start menu do?

Sorry if this has been covered, but I couldn't find anything in a search.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
What kind of WiFi network are you connected to when this happens?

I've seen this happen, but only when the computer's WiFi is connected to a network that doesn't have an internet connection, for example a HEX-NET in AP mode. The problem then is that Windows takes forever to time out on a call the VCDS makes. Finding a work-around for that in VCDS hasn't been straightforward.

The manual work-around when using a HEX-NET in AP mode is to uncheck "connect automatically" on the HEX-NET's SSID, start VCDS, then connect to the HEX-NET's access point.

RT Updater in the Start Menu checks for updates when the PC is booted up. The idea being that people's laptops are more likely to have an internet connection at boot-up time than when they're being actively used for diagnostics.

-Uwe-

Richard Hamilton

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=271942
Thanks Uwe

I should have said it is a HEX-CAN. The wifi is an LTE 4G router to connect to the Internet.

If RT Updater checks every boot, then I'll just get used to switching off the wifi when I start VCDS.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
OK, that's strange. Does the LTE router drop the connection when it's not actively being used?

-Uwe-

Richard Hamilton

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=271942
Not that I'm aware of. It is pretty instant, and gives me a fast and reliable connection.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
OK, then I'm at a loss to explain it, sorry.

-Uwe-