problem with Secondary Air injectiion readiness VW Golf MK IV

martysh

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=84723
I have a 2007 VW City Golf ( mk IV golf made in Brazil) just for Canada. These cars are exactly like a 2004 MKIV Golf. The engines are 2.0 .

I need to get Emissions testing done, and the readiness for the secondary Air injection is at a FAIL.

I did a clear DTC codes (there were a few misfire codes) and ran the readiness routine, everything works fine, but at the point it tests the secondary air pump (the last test), nothing happens, all the checksum fields are blank and there is no activity the car just idles (the test says wait for the XXX100, but after 5 mins nothing happens....) I ran this several times.

I went to group 77, started the test manually, The test runs for a brief period (you can hear the air pump running and the engine runs rough) and then the test says FAIL. I ran this several times with the same result.

I checked the relay (changed it), there is 12V and 3.X V at the appropriate pins. I also tested continuity of the wires from the relay to the air pump all are OK. At the air pump I applied 12 V to it and it runs. I also tested the valve on the manifold... and checked the fuse.

There are no error codes set any where.

any suggestions.

DrPeter

Ross-Tech Employee
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Hi,

- You may want to run the Secondary Air Injection(SAI) test several times, this should set a fault code, you may need to cycle the key after each SAI test attempt.

- Once you have a fault code, use the Ross-Tech wiki to search for your fault code and there you shall find your answer.

- Post up an Auto-Scan if you are still having any concerns.

drpeter

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Uwe

martysh

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=84723
thanks I will keep running it until a code gets set...

Here in Ontario you can still pass the emissions test with 1 parameter not being 'ready'.. I have the test booked for friday, so I will leave it until after the test.

thanks

Marty