Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=179893
Hello

We have someone wanting us to retro fit folding mirror on a 2014 Touran
has anyone ever done this before?

the main dealer have told this ma it cant be done, but I have looked into this and there is a company in the link below doing it
http://hazzydayz.com/genuine-vw-folding-mirrors-1954-p.asp

From what I have found out, we will require new wing mirrors at both sides, new switch (and possibly 2 new window motors) then possibly recode the long coding.

Can anyone confirm what is required

Thanks in advance Akers

bambazonke

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=240542
I have retroffited folding mirrors to my 2012 Tiguan. You will require new wing mirrors with the looms that have 13 wires not 7 NB make sure you order one's specifically for a RHD or LHD model depending if you live in the UK or mainland Europe as the mountings are different. You will also need a switch and highline door control units which can be bought separately on ebay and exchanged with the existing modules that are plugged into the window motor.

The good news is at least with the Tiguan in my case,you will also have puddle lights and the passenger mirror to dip on reverse.

Finally you will also need VCDS to recode the 2 door models 42 & 52 as well as the main BCM module 9 (to activate mirror dip on reverse in the MFD)

akersgarage

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=179893
thank very much for the reply above. Very helpful, exactly what I needed to know
thanks again