99 passat aeb 1.8

ivagp

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=95551
hi guys car came in for oil light beeping intermittently like once every 30 miles. put oil gauge after warming up at 2000 rpm we have about 60 psi. at idle we have 20 psi. the weird thing is the needle vibrates very bad at both readings. we recommended to customer to pull pan off and inspect, we found screen plugged about 20 o 25%. we put a new oil pump and screen. the readings about the same, customer picked up the car and three days later the light came back on for 5 seconds after a 30 min drive. we have also replaced the oil sender. I'm concerned about the vibration,any suggestion

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Beware of Volume verse PSI.

They are very different.

PSI is often interpreted as flow........having PSI doesn't mean you have flow, and could in fact have a blockage.

I suggest a sump inspection and screen observation immediately.

Last edited:
Reactions: Uwe

ivagp

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=95551
hi jack I mentiond that we had pulled the sump off and installed a new pump and screen. the manual is saying that their is a valve in the oil filter housing if so can that be the cause. also I want to pull off the valve cover to inspect timing chain aduster 058 109 217 B.

Last edited:

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Is the oil pump you installed with correct gear size/height/check valve and part #?

Many buy aftermarket or even wrong dealer units......... and install an earlier smaller unit; further not realizing, because some asshole thought they knew how to cross parts over being FOD!

The PSI is controlled in too locations for this engine.

The pump itself and the housing you aforementioned.

Measure PSI and do a volume test as per the RTFB.

Check or change the sender............ maybe is crudded up with sludge?

ivagp

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=95551
058 115 105C oil pump. double checking the rest. i drove it 80 miles over the weekend and its very hot. at 65 mph we have 70 psi at idle its getting closer to 15-17 psi.

Back