05 jetta bbw 17748

ivagp

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=95551
hi guys im getting this code intermittently 17748. just did a head job for a broken t belt. mbv 91.3 is at 0% mvb 91.4 fluctuates between -1% to -2%. what is the tolerance or spec on mvb 91.4

Last edited:

DrPeter

Ross-Tech Employee
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Hello,

- Based on my research, there is no public documentation for the BBW engine from VW that details the actual vs. specified limits.

- I would take the fault code for what it is worth, incorrect correlation. Simply put, at some point in time, the ECM saw the value beyond the limits that the VW engineers implemented and set the code. So the timing relationship between the G28-Crank Sensor and the G40-Cam sensor, the timing is off, personally I would imagine 1-2% may not be that bad? I could be wrong :)

- My suggestion is to clear codes, start Data Logging MVB-091 and MVB-003 (for ref) and drive the vehicle until the code sets.
- Post the Auto-Scan ;) and the small part of the data log where the discrepancy occurs.

Thanks,

drpeter

ivagp

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=95551
thank you will do. with that code i didnt see a time stamp and of coures i cleared the code

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Check/Put the timing belt on correctly based on the taper fit as per RTFB!

Did you actually replace the stretch bolt on the adjuster beneath the security cap with seal?

Did you bleed the adjustable timing gear and verify it was in set lock pin basic setting?

Is oil PSI/volume correct and is correct oil pump installed?

Is key-way on crank gear cog not broken?

Is the adjuster one way solenoid valve on back of head stuck open/closed or contaminated?

Last edited:
Back