Skoda Octavia 2011 - Light automatic turn off issue

killep2

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=214777
Hi,
After a long way and change of the 9 module, recoding 18's byte and some additional configuration I am able to use all the relevant light on my car.

Unfortunately, after this changes my light's wont turn off automatic (I dont have a light sensor)

Previously, when the Light was turned on, after switch off the light also turned off
When switch come back the light come back too,

Current situation, when the lights turned on, after switch is off I hear the Bim-Bim-Bim warning singal that mean "dont forget to turn the lights off"

So now, I should turn them off every time MANUALY
It's killing me.
Please assist.

Here is post with most updated Scan
SCAN

Thanks !

killep2

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=214777
Wow! Please dont rush with the replies ..... it is too much! :-(

Some one ?

Dana

Administrator
Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Wow! Please dont rush with the replies ..... it is too much! :-(

Some one ?

I'm absolutely positive that this inquiry is not as serious as ABS brake bleeding and/or emissions related system repairs ;) and I honestly thought this was another variant of the Welcome home - Fog light - Octavia 2011 tweak inquiry. I don't have the power to move threads but I believe it should be moved to Tweaks.

The operation you are concerned about sounds normal.. or is would be in the US on our PQ35 BCM Golf models. If you leave the headlight lights on, the dash chime alerts you and the parking lights stay on until the battery is dead on a vehicle without Auto switch and RLS. You may be able to tweak one of the following bits:

Byte 11/7 Parking Lights with Terminal 15/Ignition OFF only w/o direct Change from Turn Signal to Parking Light
OR
Byte 15/5 Parking Lights OFF with Terminal S OFF and Light Switch at Low Beam

.. but we haven't had anyone ask for that tweak for a while so I'm not sure which one changes that behavior.

Reactions: Uwe

killep2

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=214777
Hi,

Thank you for your reply,

Issue Solved ! That was the Second one...
Now the automatic turn-off of the lights works fine!

Thanks Dana!

Igor.

Last edited: