Crafter esp and abs

Andys Autos

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=277903
I am new to this site, and need a little help with a 2007 vw crafter 35, it has the abs and esp light on, we carried out a live data test and found the brake pressure sensor reading aprrox 179 bar, fault code 5020 on the vcds, i have had the abs unit checked out and the company i use said it needs the brake pressure sensor recalibarating, but i cant find out how to reset this, is it possible to do it in the adaptation channels? if so what numbers do i need to input.

I Hope sumbody can help, as i am fast running out of hair.

Thanks
Andy:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Welcome to the forum.

Could we ask you to post up an Auto-Scan so people can see exactly what ABS module this vehicle has?

To make sure we understand correctly, are you saying this ABS module shows 179 bar of hydraulic pressure without any force applied to the pedal? And if so, does the reported hydraulic pressure rise appropriately when force is applied to the pedal?

-Uwe-

PS: Since you're a Verified member, I'm moving this to Car Repair Support.

Andys Autos

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=277903
AS the vcds is new to me i am a bit unsure how to post the data, on the lt3 programe i could not see a auto scan function like in the cars.

The reading on the brake pressure sensor without any force is approx 178-180bar, very small fluctuation, if you put pressure on the brake pedal it may move up to 185bar.

The company i use for the normal abs/esp faults G201 sensor, Tested the unit and said the sensor needs to be recaliberated, but i still think the sensor may be at fault. I cant find a basic setting for this van on the vcds, only adaptation, without the correct numbers i am unsure what to do next, i have never had a problem like this with the cars, and have done lots of pressure sensor faults.

Andy

Back