2013 Audi A4 B8 0B5 S-Tronic gearbox - Component protection or not?

vecycle

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=163499
Hello,

I'm hoping that someone can help me. We have in a 2013 Audi A4 B8 2.0 TDI with the 0B5 (PWY) transmission that has suffered undercarriage damage and subsequently caused irreparable damage to the transmission casing and internals.

I'm wanting to know if a used transmission would have component protection removed by Audi? The nearest dealer to us is very far away so would need to factor this in to the customers quote.

Many thanks in advance

David.

DrPeter

Ross-Tech Employee
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Hi David,

When Replacing the J217-Transmission Controller(2nd Gen) in a 2013 Audi A4, it will be necessary to adapt the controller to the vehicle's Immobilizer system, code it correctly and perform the Basic Settings.

The vehicle must go to the dealer or the above procedures can be done with the help of ErWin, a pass-through device and an online connection with Audi.

See the Ross-Tech wiki link here for links to ErWin.

Hope this Helps,

drpeter

vecycle

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=163499
Hi David,

When Replacing the J217-Transmission Controller(2nd Gen) in a 2013 Audi A4, it will be necessary to adapt the controller to the vehicle's Immobilizer system, code it correctly and perform the Basic Settings.

The vehicle must go to the dealer or the above procedures can be done with the help of ErWin, a pass-through device and an online connection with Audi.

See the Ross-Tech wiki link here for links to ErWin.

Hope this Helps,

drpeter
Thanks Dr Peter, Very helpful stuff.

I'm guessing the J217 is part of the mechatronic unit inside the transmission? I think this may have survived the customers vehicle, If we swapped it out in to another transmission would there no longer be a need to clear the component protection?

Thanks again!

Jack@European_Parts

NostraJackAss
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Is the mechatronic trashed inside the old unit......?

I have been successful with swapping the module.....and or programming.

vecycle

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=163499
No, it's not. It's about the only thing thats survived. The trans casing seems to have disintegrated around it. I'm hoping to swap this mech unit to a new gearbox and avoid the long trip to the dealers. I'm guessing i'd just need to run adaptations once fitted? Rather than immo coding etc.

Jack@European_Parts

NostraJackAss
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Correct.........Still needs to be basic settings adapted.

Last edited: