Status
Not open for further replies.

e36graduate

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=90163
Friend has an a8 (2007) and swapped his malfunctioning cluster for same year and model cluster, however it seems it he new cluster doesn't work 100% and a bunch of lights are on.

Can this be corrected with vag tool ?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Hmm, had to say much without seeing a full scan; preferably two full scans, one with the old cluster in the car and one with the new one.

-Uwe-

e36graduate

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=90163
I guess I need to buy a Ross-tech vag tool. I did get a response from another source that vcds won't work on this swap,

"is is a result of Component Protection (Anti Theft) feature being activated. It's not possible to use 2nd hand parts on the high end Audi models (A8/A6/Q7).

Component Protection can only be removed via Dealer Scan Tool and online Access with Geko (server connection to database in Germany) or using specialty tool. Not possible to resync with VCDS, etc. "

Here is a link to service that explains Component Protection details:

http://www.speedosolutions.com/Component-Protection-RemovalAdaptation--Audi-C6-A6-Q7_p_59.html

jakematic

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=129085
You show as a verified VCDS User - that makes me think you have already purchased a genuine Ross-Tech cable.

Yep, CP can only be removed by a dealer.
Post up a scan and if you see a code like this, you will know for sure you have CP on that module.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back