2004 VW Jetta BEW TDI wagon

VincenzaV

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=245917
Hi, I am doing my timing belt service tomorrow. I tried to do a scan of the current readings of my injection pump (Group 002???) per some instructions online on the MK4 timing belt replacement procedure. When I manually select "002" on the basic settings menu, it says not available. I saw a comment here where it says you will get those on some groups and not to worry. However, HOW do I then access that injector pump group to: 1. Check my pre-timing belt service procedure data, and 2: adjust (if needed) the post timing belt injector pump numbers???

Please forgive my newbie-ness with the VCDS if this is obvious. I searched this site but could not find "Group 002 not available" fix/solution/work around.

***EDIT***
I have a thread on Fred's and they said this instruction for me to go to group 002 does NOT apply to my BEW motor, not to worry about it.,..

Last edited:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
On a BEW, Injection Timing can be observed in Measuring Block Group 004. This I'm sure of.

I don't think there's anything to be done in Basic Settings -- that's the older distributor-pump engines like the 1Z and ALH, not your BEW PD engine. Thing is, I'm far from an expert on those engine, so if anyone knows differently, I won't be offended at being corrrected.

-Uwe-

VincenzaV

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=245917
I believe you are correct based of the Fred's response...Thank you!