Hex-net procedure.

COBHONIAN

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=270149
I'm trying to get started with uploading scan results from HEX-NET for a few fault codes I'm trying to decipher . I just don't know how to get the scans from my interface onto my computer and on to this site and where exactly to on this site. Also I'm not sure if I do or don't have to ,or already somehow automatically had my "advanced network settings" configured. I've watched the only 2 HEX-NET videos that I could find and I cant find my answers there.
So if anyone has the time to guide me or direct me to the video that I haven't found , that would be great. Thanks a bunch

Dana

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi John,

I noticed you listed a Windows 10 PC when placing your order. If you are running VCDS 15.7.4 on a Windows PC with the HEX-NET wired to it saved Auto-Scans would be in this location:

C:\Ross-Tech\VCDS\Logs

Updating the HEX-NET in addition to configuring the WiFi profiles it easiest using the HEX-NET Configuration Utility form the PC. Providing you have a current version of Java installed on that PC you would click the [Config] button with the USB wire connected to the HEX-NET. This is covered in the video linked on this page.

Jef

Ross-Tech Employee
Staff member
Reaction score
John,

What make and model computer are you wanting to use to scan your VW or Audi with?