this VCDS is genuine or not? interface not found

powerdvd

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC481087 (NRRT)
I purchased years ago (I do not remember when) a VCDS at the price of 1,200 TND (almost 600 euro).
I ntil that day, I realized that I must have a Certificate Number. but I can not have it because the one who sold it to me, I can not contact him.

so now the VCDS said: inferface not found.

since I am to despair, I did a silly thing and I accidentally change the serial via mprog.(because someone told me that it is not genuine )

and a long time I used one version (Version I think 11 or 12) and I do not know that I can make the free upgrade.

she was breaking down long ago.

So now a friend told me you can to repair, but I'm in Tunisia and I can not send it to ROSSTECH (severe duty).

So I installed the latest version Beta VCDS 16.3. at testing me ask a firmware update is necessary, and I spend 1.92 to 1.96 firmware successfully.

I changed the serial number by one written on the sticker of the device, because I changed the serial number by accident, and I forget the origin.

I do not have the Certificate Number(not given by who sell it to me a year ago) or Long Serial Number because I formatted the computer.

PS: these screenshot when cable supplied with 12 volt.

Please Help me

Eric

Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC800000
Yup, it's one of ours/mine. But you shot yourself in the foot by messing with the FTDI. I think Cobra Advanced Diagnostics has a rep in Tunisia who might be able to handle an exchange: Karim Ghdamsi, +216 92 082 000 . Your serial number is HC481087.

Reactions: Uwe

powerdvd

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC481087 (NRRT)
happy to know that she is one of yours :thumbs:

so he is not marked as stolen?

So the only way is to contact Karim Ghedamsi
Thanks to you :)