sport mode permanent

rojas

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=261996
hello guys

my car is a style leon 5F, not have driving profile, it is possible to put with VAGCOM permanent sport mode? , how ?

thank you

Last edited:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Not a "repair" question -- moving to Tweaks.

For reference, is this an Auto-Scan your car?

-Uwe-

rojas

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=261996
nothing ? :(

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
nothing ? :(
rojas: I don't have the answer that I think that you want, but I do have an alternative suggestion that you might consider:

Here's a snippet of the WD that shows how the mode button is configured on my mk7 - I assume that yours is similar

Notice that the button is a simple single throw, single pole momentary switch. What I believe happens when the button is pressed is that the BCM looks for the negative going pulse (to earth). Every time that you press the button, the BCM toggles to the next drive-mode setting (I think).

So my suggested alternative is to build a simple electronic ciruit to simulate the number of pulse that are need for "sports-mode" on switch-on. I made a similar, but different device for my mk7 to automatically disable Start-Stop on ignition switch-on

Here's how I think that your automatic sport mode device can work. If you use something like a 556 dual oscillator, you can use the two imbedded oscllators in the following way: you can set-up one of these oscillators in a monostable configuration such that it provides the power supply for the second oscillator. The second oscillator can be configured as a simple astable oscillator with a one second pulse time.

With this arrangement, all that you need to do is to find-out how many pulses are needed to get to the sport mode. Then simply adjust the monostable oscillator turn-on time so that the power to the astable oscillator produces only this number of pulses! For example, assuming that three presses of the mode-button give the sport mode and that the astable oscillator produces a pulse every one second, the delay time for the monostable oscillator is simply set to a little more than three seconds (see timing traces in the screen shot below)!! hope this makes sense!

Don

rojas

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=261996
thank you DV52 , but ... drive profile is a activation swap , you think this is functional?

install button "MODE" is easy , but now I use it to activate the PLA park assist . I can used button ESP for Park assist ( PLA ) and button "MODE" for "MODE" . I'll try as you say put the "MODE" button in BCM, I will need some type of coding to work?

pin 34 and 21

very thank you

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
thank you DV52 , but ... drive profile is a activation swap , you think this is functional?

install button "MODE" is easy , but now I use it to activate the PLA park assist . I can used button ESP for Park assist ( PLA ) and button "MODE" for "MODE" . I'll try as you say put the "MODE" button in BCM, I will need some type of coding to work?

pin 34 and 21

very thank you
rojas: I'm not sure, but as I understand, the master for the MODE function is the CAN Gateway (J533). The role of J533 as the central controller of communications traffic is not surprising because there's lots of control modules involved in the activity. My research on this fascinating feature has confirmed that the MODE function involves the activities of powertrain, convenience, infotainment and extended CAN busses.

Whist your question regarding the "activation swap" is quite valid, it's the involvement of the extended CAN bus that worries-me. I'm not sure what version modules you have, but it's entirely possible that the CAN Gateway in your car doesn't use the extended CAN bus. If this is the case, it will be a major problem as you can imagine!!

So, before you proceed with the project, it might be prudent to check the component level of J533 on your car. I'm fairly sure that you will need the "high" level module. On the mk7, the low and mid level versions of J533 are missing the physical pins for the extended CAN bus (i.e. PINS #7 and #17) - so you could visually confirm the presence/absence of the extended CAN bus on your car by sighting these pins.

Don

PS: After further research about this function, it appears that the centre console button doesn't actually select the mode (i.e. sports, eco, comfort etc). What it does apparently, is to enable a screen to appear on the infotainment unit, which then enables to driver to select the mode!

Reactions: Uwe

VAG-Dave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC806344
hello guys

my car is a style leon 5F, not have driving profile, it is possible to put with VAGCOM permanent sport mode? , how ?

thank you
Has been done on the Russian forums ie retro fitting MODE button to Golf MK7.

https://www.drive2.com/l/6333976/

However if you want to permanently set the car in sport with just VCDS you have to look...

I do remember seeing a line in the adaptions channel (10) in a control module which was something like:- "type or mode of character via..then in the drop down menu it had, comfort, sport etc & "selection via button"

Can't find it at the moment but I think that considering the items which do alter, look in each control module, but start with 5F infotainment as the input for altering the modes is in that module,

GaSelle

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=266649
"PS: After further research about this function, it appears that the centre console button doesn't actually select the mode (i.e. sports, eco, comfort etc). What it does apparently, is to enable a screen to appear on the infotainment unit, which then enables to driver to select the mode! "

Correct, but the button can also be used to toggle between the modes :)

rojas

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=261996
thank guys :)

my GW is high ...

it has not been clear whether I can or can not. in GW have something that refers to the drive profile
In golf 7 can purchase the code for this function swap for seat leon is not available this aftermarker code.

Code:
Transport mode,not active 	
(1)-Driving_Profile_Selection_Parameter-Driving_Profile_Selection_Toogle_Time_Adaptation,0 ms	
(2)-Driving_Profile_Selection_Parameter-Driving_Profile_Selection_Touch_Contact_Time_Adaption,0 ms	
(3)-Driving_Profile_Selection_Parameter-Driving_Profile_Selection_Indication_Control_Adaption,0 ms	
(4)-Driving_Profile_Selection_Parameter-Driving_Profile_Selection_Kombi_Offset_Adaption,0 ms	
(5)-Driving_Profile_Selection_Parameter-Driving_Profile_Selection_Sync_Time_Adaptation,0 ms	
(6)-Driving_Profile_Selection_Parameter-Driving_Profile_Selection_Request_Repetition_Time_Adaptation,0 ms	
(7)-Driving_Profile_Selection_Parameter-Driving_Profile_Selection_Fiddle_Proofing_Time_Adaptation,0 ms	
(8)-Driving_Profile_Selection_Parameter-Driving_Profile_Selection_Fiddle_Proofing_Limit_Adaptation,0 	
(9)-Driving_Profile_Selection_Parameter-Driving_Profile_Selection_Fiddle_Proofing_Lock_Adaptation,0 ms	
(10)-Driving_Profile_Selection_Parameter-Driving_Profile_Selection_Counter_Master_Reset,active 	
(1)-EM_energy_management_warning_displays-Generatormeldungen,Mode not active 	
(2)-EM_energy_management_warning_displays-Batteriemeldungen,Mode not active 	
(3)-EM_energy_management_warning_displays-MMI Vorwarnungen,Mode not active 	
(4)-EM_energy_management_warning_displays-Charge level,Mode not active 	
EM_nominal_voltage_limitation_low_beams,12.1 V
I will try to install the button later, but not know as it should activate or codifying
If the button changes the profile although not see out the option graphics on the screen for me it is already an improvement.

anyone know how to code?

thank you for you help

rojas

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=261996
button does not act, it was not so easy.
pressing the yellow warning light turns on for 1 second, but does not change the direction or engine rpm and throttle response and of course nothing appears on the screen.

I installed the sound actuator. But a funny thing happens I do not understand. when I connect the positive diesel is recirculate contiuamente, even with the closed car, a clack clack every 3 or 4 seconds the engine is heard. It does not give me any fault in any module.