Perplexing fault code that cannot be cleared - Jetta V station wagon (NAR)

PanEuropean

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=11844
My little sister's Jetta Station Wagon has a perplexing fault code in the instrument cluster. I'm not exactly sure what it means, and I cannot clear this fault code. What perplexes me is that even though the fault is reported as 'intermittent' (in other words, not present at the time the diagnostic scan was run), I cannot clear this fault code from the controller.

The car appears to operate satisfactorily, and there are no other fault codes present in the car.

Has anyone here had any experience with this kind of fault code before? Any suggestions about what to do next?

Michael

The Perplexing Fault Code

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Just out of curiosity, what's the mileage showing on the odometer?

Was this car purchased new or used?

-Uwe-

PanEuropean

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=11844
Hi Uwe:

The car currently has 139,000 km on it. It was purchased new by my sister, and has always been serviced at the same VW dealership, which has a superb service department (they look after my Phaeton as well).

Michael

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
The car currently has 139,000 km on it. It was purchased new by my sister, and has always been serviced at the same VW dealership, which has a superb service department (they look after my Phaeton as well).
Tampering was also on my mind, but that makes it rather unlikely, which is why I asked.

-Uwe-

PanEuropean

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=11844
It is very unlikely that the techs at my VW dealer caused the problem. I know all of them on a first-name basis, each of the 6 techs has both a dedicated VW scan tool and a Ross-Tech HEX-USB scan tool. I've been buying cars from this dealer for over 30 years now.

Michael

PanEuropean

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=11844