Ambient Light Adjustment – Audi A6 C7/4G

Cuore

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=216285
I have an Audi A6 C7 2011 with no special packages what so ever. It has this MMI 3G low/RMC with 6.5” display. My problem is that I want to activate the footwell lights (=ambient lightning) during driving. I have already been able to code those on with VCDS, but the lights are really dim and you can barely see those. What usually is the next step from here, is to enable the access to hidden menu and from there activate the adjustment option. This was the case with my previous A4 B8 and my brothers A6 C6. However the problem is the MMI version: hidden menu does not include “car” or “cardevicelist” from where to activate the adjustment.

If the adjustment option is not available (as it seems), what would suffice me, is that if I just could adjust the brightness manually to maximum with VCDS. I already did some searching under “09-Cent. Elect” but I couldn’t find anything from documented adaptation channels that would remotely refer to “brightness”. However, I’m pretty sure that it can be adjusted, once I just find the correct channel. At least I read that someone with similar problem had manually adjusted the brightness in Audi A1. So what I would need to know are the correct control unit and adaptation channels (not wise to start changing values at random.) It came to my mind that one possible way to check this is, that if someone with adjustable lighting (via MMI) would adjust the brightness and with MMI check that which adaptation channel value keeps changing?

Other ambient lightning related issue is that, I was thinking of retrofitting puddle lights to rear doors. Long coding for these seem not to be documented, so could someone with rear door puddle lights check the long coding. I think with that I could figure which bit to change?

Appreciate your help!

rlarsen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=78998
How does the hidden menu look like ?? - like MMI 3G or MMI 2G ??

rlarsen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=78998
Other ambient lightning related issue is that, I was thinking of retrofitting puddle lights to rear doors. Long coding for these seem not to be documented, so could someone with rear door puddle lights check the long coding. I think with that I could figure which bit to change?

On the B8 the codings are - maybe it is the same on the A6/4G ??:

Code:
Warning and Entry Lights under the Doors - Driver side:
[42 - Door Elect, Driver]
[Coding - 07] -> [Long Coding Helper] -> Byte 1
Bit 2 - Door Warning Lights installed - (1 = active)
Bit 3 - Interior Door Handle Illumination installed - (1 = active)

Warning and Entry Lights under the Doors - Passenger side:
[52 - Door Elect, Pass.]

Warning and Entry Lights under the Doors - Rear Left side:
[62 - Door, Rear Left]

Warning and Entry Lights under the Doors - Rear Right side:
[72 - Door, Rear Right]

Also look at this thread: http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthr...-Lights-Retrofit&p=52166&viewfull=1#post52166

Cuore

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=216285
Hidden menu looks like this. I have browsed it through and done quite a lot of googleing and it really seems that you cannot enable the adjustment from there.

Thanks for the coding! I can check with front doors (that have puddle lights) that does the coding match.
l3sLH51.jpg

Cuore

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=216285
On the B8 the codings are - maybe it is the same on the A6/4G ??:
Just tried it with front doors and with illuminated rear door handles. Codings where the same. That one solved, thanks! :)

About that possible adaptation channel that controls the light brightness. Could it possibly be 14, 17 or 34, could someone check? I have values 15, 15 and 20 on those. That would match with the brightness level. Channels are not documented, so wouldnt try at random.

Last edited:
Reactions: Uwe

Cuore

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=216285
Protip: In case you don’t have extended lightning package, you can adjust the brightness manually with VCDS: 09.Cent.el --> Adaptation --> channel 52. Default value is 120 (max.200)

One annoying feature is bugging me now. When you turn off the engine, interior lightning shuts off and turns back on again when you switch power off or till you open the driver’s door. Is it possible to code it to stay on this interval as well?