Can't complete registration on VCDS Cloud

Shaun

Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Took me a couple tries to get it to connect, but I was never presented with a cloud registration.

Yerny, you will not be redirected to the cloud server until you select the "cloud functions" option from the functions page when talking to a module. You can use any of the basic local functions without requiring a cloud account.

--Shaun

Reactions: Uwe

Yerny

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=240858
Yerny, you will not be redirected to the cloud server until you select the "cloud functions" option from the functions page when talking to a module. You can use any of the basic local functions without requiring a cloud account.

--Shaun

Copy, I'll try it again this weekend.

Thanks

FredrikAndersen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=247134
What device are you using with VCDS-Mobile? What is the exact error message you are seeing?

I've tried with both iPhone 6 and iPad, both VCDS Mobile app, and by using VCDS through the IP in the browser on the devices. Username and password go green for "available" and "matches" like the OP, but i get an error message saying there's something wrong with username and/or password.

Santos

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Any spaces in the username/password?

Edit: Any Norwegian characters used in either username/password?

Last edited:

FredrikAndersen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=247134
Any spaces in the username/password?

Edit: Any Norwegian characters used in either username/password?

No, same username as here, and a alphanumeric password containing only English letters, numbers and symbols.

Reactions: Uwe

gasman67

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=247689
I've tried with both iPhone 6 and iPad, both VCDS Mobile app, and by using VCDS through the IP in the browser on the devices. Username and password go green for "available" and "matches" like the OP, but i get an error message saying there's something wrong with username and/or password.

I have exactly the same issue using iphone6 and iPad - my attempts to enter a username/password result in the error message. All english alphanumerics with no funny symbols or spaces. Posted in another thread and still waiting for assistance.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
John,

Did you see the e-mail from yesterday morning?

-Uwe-

FredrikAndersen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=247134
John,

-Uwe-

I got the confirmation e-mail yesterday saying my access to the beta forum was validated, but no other e-mail recieved.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
OK, but your name isn't John, is it? ;)

-Uwe-

gasman67

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=247689
John,

-Uwe-

Hi Uwe.

I got an email on 26th May (Oz is some hours ahead of the US) from you which I replied to on 27th. is that the one you mean? I haven't seen any subsequent reply though.

FredrikAndersen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=247134
What can I do to resolve my VCDS Cloud registration-issues?

gasman67

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=247689
What can I do to resolve my VCDS Cloud registration-issues?
Hey Frederik. I got an email from Dana from Ross Tec who suggested not using the VCDS app to register but to use a web browser instead. I thought I had already tried that unsuccessfully but decided to have another go anyway.

I used VCDS mobile to check the HEX-NET interface was visible then I entered the HEX-NETs IP address into mobile safari and this time it went through the registration process at VCDS-Cloud and I can now access all the cloud functions using safari on my iPhone or iPad.
I am still not convinced that the VCDS mobile App itself actually works at all other than to provide you with the IP address to enter into a web browser. Things are much snappier using a browser.

I would suggest that the VCDS mobile App should be labelled as non functional given that the only way to get our devices working seems to be by NOT using it.

Hope you get your issue sorted out too.

bugaloo78

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=267275
When I register for the cloud, it goes right to the login page like I already registered for it. I just got it and have only used it via interface mode with my computer.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Right now, you need to create a Cloud account by using VCDS-Mobile to access a control module, then [Functions] -> [Cloud Functions]

I understand this can be cumbersome, so we're working on integrating creating/registering for a Cloud account into the Configuration/Update utility..

-Uwe-

Back