Can't complete registration on VCDS Cloud

dopo

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=172049
When I try to use cloud functions and am redirected to the vcds-cloud.com to login or register, I am unable to create an account. I didn't see any other posts about this, so either it's working for other folks, or it's not yet functional and I'm the first to try it.

The page lists the right serial number in "this interface will be addded to it:", but the "Customer Info:" box is completely blank.

I enter a username (green "Available" appears), and then a password twice (green "Matches" appears), and after I click the "Register" button I get the dreaded red text for "Login Failed Incorrect username/password." The password I'm trying to set is alphanumeric, no special characters, and I tried to log in with those credentials in case the account got created anyway -- no dice.

Santos

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
We are looking into the issue on our end and will get back to you shortly.

Santos

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
We may have found the issue. Please try and register again.

dopo

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=172049
Registration worked, and I'm able to use all cloud functions now. Thanks!

Crashking

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=208398
I had the exact same issue, wouldn't let it go through via windows laptop or my ipad mini, finally tried it again on my phone and it went right through( this was a couple of days ago)

JimG

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=208775
I have saved a couple of scans to the cloud, I think;however, I can't figure out how to register for it or get to it.

Where do I look for cloud instructions?

mnooooa4

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=208571
I enter a username (green "Available" appears), and then a password twice (green "Matches" appears), and after I click the "Register" button I get the dreaded red text for "Login Failed Incorrect username/password." The password I'm trying to set is alphanumeric, no special characters, and I tried to log in with those credentials in case the account got created anyway -- no dice.

I just tried to use my HEXNET to code something this weekend and got this error. No way to bypass it to do actual coding. Is the only way to create a vcds-cloud account is via HEXNET? Any other workarounds available? Thanks!

Santos

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Is the only way to create a vcds-cloud account is via HEXNET?

Correct.

We need to take a look at the cloud server and see whats going on. I'll talk to our programmers tomorrow and see if we can get this fixed for you.

Any other workarounds available? Thanks!

You can use VCDS on a PC with the HEX-NET interface.

Santos

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I have saved a couple of scans to the cloud, I think;however, I can't figure out how to register for it or get to it.

Where do I look for cloud instructions?

Have you used cloud functions on a car? VCDS-Mobile will redirect you to a registration page during first use of cloud functions.

JimG

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=208775
Thanks Santos.

Uwe informed me in another thread that the option to use the cloud function is only available when you are working with an individual module. I haven't done that yet since I'm still trying to figure out why AutoScan isn't picking up all the diagnostic-capable modules on my 2000 Eurovan Winnebago camper. Once I get that sorted out I will get into individual modules and find the cloud function. Shaun is working with me on that problem.

romad

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=208765
Have you used cloud functions on a car? VCDS-Mobile will redirect you to a registration page during first use of cloud functions.

The Infrastructure video is misleading in that it DOESN'T specify that. I watched the updated version this morning and the narrator just says: "The first time you connect to the VCDS Cloud via VCDS Mobile..." So there needs to be a specific statement on exactly HOW to trigger this connection in the video. An actual written procedure/user manual is needed. I had to create training steps in the Air Force and it was impressed on me to write each step down then rather then rely on memory and audio-visual. A good technical writer could help you out there. BTW, can you list the VCDS-Cloud modules?

Santos

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I just tried to use my HEXNET to code something this weekend and got this error. No way to bypass it to do actual coding. Is the only way to create a vcds-cloud account is via HEXNET? Any other workarounds available? Thanks!

We think we found and fixed the issue. Please try registering again.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
The Infrastructure video is misleading in that it DOESN'T specify that. I watched the updated version this morning and the narrator just says: "The first time you connect to the VCDS Cloud via VCDS Mobile..." So there needs to be a specific statement on exactly HOW to trigger this connection in the video.
Uh, it shows you how in the video at that point. However, I don't think that will be the preferred way for very long.

An actual written procedure/user manual is needed.
Yes, and I expect there will eventually be one. However, things are too much in flux right now, and everyone's plate is overflowing. Also, we've found that videos seem to get through to more of our customers than an actual, old-school written manual that very few people actually want to take the time to read, so that's where we've invested what resources we have available.

A good technical writer could help you out there.
Agreed. If you know of a good one who's actually interested in this stuff, we'd be interested in talking to him.

BTW, can you list the VCDS-Cloud modules?
I'm not sure I understand what you're asking.

-Uwe-

JimG

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=208775
We think we found and fixed the issue. Please try registering again.

I just registered. I wasn't able to view saved files, but then I only tried that once.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Sounds like progress! :D

-Uwe-

Santos

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I just registered. I wasn't able to view saved files, but then I only tried that once.

Can you try logging in VCDS-Cloud.com? It should display your saved log files. You do not need to be plugged into a vehicle.

JimG

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=208775
Can you try logging in VCDS-Cloud.com? It should display your saved log files. You do not need to be plugged into a vehicle.

Hey, that worked! Thanks. For some reason, I didn't see the last scan that I saved, but at least I'm registered and can go there to look. I'll try to sort this out tomorrow.

romad

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=208765
Quote Originally Posted by romad View Post
BTW, can you list the VCDS-Cloud modules?

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking.

-Uwe-

Which of the modules in VCDS-Mobile will trigger the VCDS-Cloud.com screen? Are there certain ones or will any/all of them do it?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
The question still doesn't make much sense, but... Once you've created a Cloud account (as described in the latest FAQ entry) you can log into that account to view or download your saved files using any browser on any device/computer.

-Uwe-

mnooooa4

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=208571
Worked for me today. Was able to get into Adaptation and change a value. When I removed and reconnected the HEX NET, the new value was still in. Was also able to log into VCDS-Cloud from my computer. Thanks.

Reactions: Uwe
Back