Audi Q7 4L Graphic Overlay Delete MMI-3G+...

iconoclast

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=115951
I preferred the previous versions that were transparent but now with the big black box you lose about one third of the viewing space you would normally have. Anyone on here know of a way to delete the graphic overlay on the rear view camera and front camera?

MMI-2G / MMI-3G:

MMI-3G+ w/ Surround View:

Address 46: Central Conv. Labels: 4L0-910-289.lbl
Part No SW: 4L0 910 289 K HW: 4L0 907 289 K
Component: Komfortgeraet H12 0130
Revision: 0130 --- Serial number: 82010044080000
Coding: 7813533

Subsystem 1 - Part No: 1K0 951 605 C
Component: LIN BACKUP HORN H05 1501

No fault code found.

Address 6C: Back-up Cam. (J928) Labels: None
Part No SW: 4L0 907 428 HW: 7P6 907 441 D
Component: TopView H05 0293
Revision: 11001001 Serial number: 82330JF0225066
Coding: 020C000001000100000102000000
ASAM Dataset: EV_CamSysteCorneViewAUDI 004005
ROD: EV_CamSysteCorneViewAUDI.rod

No fault code found.

iconoclast

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=115951
i had a moment to play around with it but system will not let me change the settings. i get a "request out of range" error... so either the module is hardcoded to not allow changes or i have to use security code which i would rather not do since then the system would have an error for adaptation/calibration.

Reactions: Uwe

iconoclast

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=115951
Any input?

Mrclopec

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=149231
It is that way by design, unfortunately. I'd like to point out something in your first post. The first photo isn't specific to the MMI 3G as its more specific to a car with a rear view camera module only. The second photo is a visual representation of the Front/Rear system. Both look the same regardless of wether they are in a 3G/3G+.

With that said, it is built into the software of the rear view camera control module to display the PDC image somewhat transparent over a full screen view.

I know that in an A6 with the front, rear, and two side cameras, all of the black area surrounding the visual representation of the car is filled with the imagery of all 4 peripheral cameras stitched together. Looks like they got lazy and just decided to leave it black in the front/rear system rather than developing the software to mimic the rear view only system with the transparent overlay.

I have never seen a .clb file with coding info for a top view control module although I would really really really like to have one as I just helped a friend fully retrofit an entire Top View system from the standard RVC system on his A6. It was a tremendous amount of work and the coding in the end was a bit trial and error as I was going off of comparing 7 or 8 different vehicle model's auto-scans with top view control modules. Be careful changing coding though as I do believe depending on how it's changed, the module may bark at you to have it calibrated which will require a costly trip to the dealer.

Reactions: Uwe

iconoclast

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=115951
thanks for the help. on my first Q7 (2007) i was able to code in the transparent overlay by going to 4F and coding in 2 for optical illustration. i was hoping to do the same here on this vehicle.
it is very annoying to see the big black box and does not assist my vision in fact it impairs it by blacking out 25-30% of my view.
the reason i didnt just jump into this with random coding and poking around is for the very reason you pointed out above.
typically any changes in the camera portion through adaptation requires dealer tool VAS6350 (?) otherwise errors.

when i switch to split screen or any other display type the black box is gone and full vision is available but in front and rear the pdc portion is there and nothing i can do about it.
if i go into the module and play around there is a setting for full screen but it will not allow me to change it and i am reluctant to enable security access because simply doing so will result in an error that can only be removed by calibrating the camera. (whether you make changes or not) if you or anyone else on here is aware of a way to remove this or make it transparent please share and i am able to figure it out i will as well.
thanks.