Why doesn't VCDS 15.7.3 show my ABS stuff?

pwuk

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=260949
When I go to other modules and then the long coding I can tick the boxes, there are descriptions for options, etc.

But in the ABS module it doesn't have anything.

If this is for safety is there a way to send a scan and get a personalised label file only for myself?

Also my car says that the XDS adaptation channel is not available even if I try different access codes.

It is as if something needs to be enabled with the long coding in the ABS to allow the channel to be accessed.

And yes my car has XDS, it is in the brochure and everything.

It's a Golf MK7 GT TDI UK spec MY2013.

golfi_vend

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=195131
Well no autoscan so hard to guess.
But ABS stuff is complicated and personalised by car make/model VIN etc... .
And maybe the lack of info.

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
When I go to other modules and then the long coding I can tick the boxes, there are descriptions for options, etc.

But in the ABS module it doesn't have anything.

If this is for safety is there a way to send a scan and get a personalised label file only for myself?

Also my car says that the XDS adaptation channel is not available even if I try different access codes.

It is as if something needs to be enabled with the long coding in the ABS to allow the channel to be accessed.

And yes my car has XDS, it is in the brochure and everything.

It's a Golf MK7 GT TDI UK spec MY2013.

pwuk: Hello and welcome to Mr Ross's forum.

Keith is correct about posting-up a copy of your auto-scan report - it tells us what type of equipment is in the car (which is a vital piece of information in understanding your problem). However, from your description, I'm guessing that you have a relatively new car. The reason why you are not seeing "anything" in the ABS module is because there likely hasn't been a "label file" produced for this control module by RT. If you look at your autoscan report, you should see that each control module has a label file which is listed at the top RHS. Here is a copy of a section of the autoscan report from my car

Address 03: ABS Brakes (J104) Labels: 5Q0-907-379-IPB-V1.clb
Part No SW: 5Q0 907 379 AC HW: 5Q0 907 379 D
Component: ESC H75 0437
Revision: 00000000 Serial number:
Coding: 01FA8AA1202312700377060701C32980510448C0608094F3002A0028C1
Shop #: WSC 00028 028 00025
ASAM Dataset: EV_Brake1UDSContiMK100IPB 008020
ROD: EV_Brake1UDSContiMK100IPB_VW37.rod
VCID: 7DF1154CECFCAFD61A-8028

Amongst other things, the label file populates the lists that are in the long coding helper screens. On some newer models, RT have yet to produce label files, so likely there won't be one listed in your autoscan report. It's just a matter of waiting until the good folk at RT produce this file

As for getting access to the XDS channel, this may be because you haven't entered the correct security code to enable access to this adaptation channel. I'm not sure what type of car you have, but on MQB model vehicles, security access codes for the ABS module appear to be specific to the adaptation channels (or banks of adaptation channels). Getting hold of access codes is like finding hen's teeth - but there are some codes available on the net.

The second reason why you might not be able to get access to the XDS channel might be that the adaptation channel is not available on your vehicle. Have you produced an adapatation map for the ABS module? This will tell you if the XDS channel is available (it's not available on my mk7 - even though XDS is fitted to my car).

Cheers
Don

EDIT: Hmm..... just re-read your post- clearly you have a MY13 TDI which I failed to read correctly (my apology). I suspect that like my MY13 TSI, the XDS channel isn't available on your car. An admap will confirm this

Last edited: