03 GTI 1.8t rough idle (misfire). Multiple DTC's

DimeGuy

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=224621
Jack, Yes... I agree. I just find it very strange that it changed suddenly. (while parked in a supermarket parking lot). I was wondering if something wasn't tightened and a nut/bolt backed out slowly. In all of my years as a dealership technician, I've never seen this. In my experience, whenever failures happen, they are almost instantly or within the first few miles...

Anyhow, Thank you all who have chimed in with their thoughts. I really appreciate your input. If we were all local to each other, I'd have to buy you boys a round (after the problem was fixed...LOL!).

So, now I'm off to verify correct alignment of the components... sigh. :rolleyes:

elkm36a

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=5916
Can the crankcase pressure be measured with VAG-COM?

2010 VW Tiguan with 2.0T engine

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Can the crankcase pressure be measured with VAG-COM?
A nit-picking terminology point: Nothing can be measured with VCDS. VCDS can only tell you what the car itself knows and is willing to report. So first and foremost, the question is: Does the car have a sensor to measure the pressure you're interested in? It's not entirely clear to me whether you're looking for oil pressure or the pressure of the gasses in your crank case. After you answer, I'll probably split these posts into a new thread since the question doesn't have anything to do with a 2003 1.8T.

-Uwe-

Jack@European_Parts

NostraJackAss
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
You could install a PSI gage in the block and monitor PSI going forward..........

I recommend it for comparing synthetic oils, verse SAE type, while keeping an eye on the PCV system.

Studies have shown......... that SAE oil can seal combustion gasses via the rings, by almost double when compared to synthetic oils.......

Something to ponder people, and test for yourself.