2000 audi a8 used ecm replacement

zurekauto

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=226953
hello, this is my first post here in the forums. i own a shop and also do some mobile programing & diag. another shop contacted me and said he bought a used ecm for a 2000 audi a8. the immobilizer needs to be satisfied now. if i am understanding this correctly. i need to get the pin code and then can use vcds to enter. my question is, is the code stored only in cluster? or am i able to get out of ecm to with possibly a vag tacho? i have odis software and security through j2534 but i believe it only works from 2004 forward. any help is appreciated.

Jetta 97

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=81680
On this car ECU will have SKC.
I doubt you can do job with Vag-Tacho, as you need to know SKC form ECU and cluster.

Odis can not adopt used ECu, only new.

Keithuk

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=122432
Welcome to the forum.

When you have a problem/query with anything you always post a full AutoScan of the vehicle in question whether there are any error codes or not as there is more useful info in there. How to post an Auto-Scan

zurekauto

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=226953
Welcome to the forum.

When you have a problem/query with anything you always post a full AutoScan of the vehicle in question whether there are any error codes or not as there is more useful info in there. How to post an Auto-Scan

as i said, i perform mobile services for shops and dealerships. this shop contacted me by phone. i have no way of an auto scan. but in the future if i ever post again and i have the vehicle in my possession i will post an auto scan. thank you for the info

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Yep, the 2008 A8 was the first car that had full Immo-3. This means two PINs are required to match an ECU -- the PIN from the car that the ECU came from (which is in the replacement ECU), and the PIN from the car you wish to match the ECU to.

-Uwe-

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Well yes and no.......

A new ecu requires no Pin code and by default is awaiting the one PIN with VIN to be married.

We have options for defaulting a unit to this Immobilizer status, or a data transfer being done to ease the pain.

http://europeanpartsemporium.com/?post_type=product

Let me guess 4D0907559