Status
Not open for further replies.

carboncow

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=266014
I have this for what I believe is a failed HVAC servo we'll be addressing this weekend...saw a similar message when another failed. When I search "No or Incorrect Basic Setting / Adaptation" on the website I see it can apply to any group. What does this wording actually tell us? Is it a missing or implasauable signal?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
It generally means that the control module has not learned the characteristics of an actuator, i.e. how the feedback from the position sensor corresponds to the actual position.

For more specifics, please provide more detailed context.

-Uwe-

carboncow

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=266014
It generally means that the control module has not learned the characteristics of an actuator, i.e. how the feedback from the position sensor corresponds to the actual position.

For more specifics, please provide more detailed context.

-Uwe-

In my example it's for an HVAC servo...specifcially a air mix/blend door that shifts between the cool AC and heat exchange. It was working several weeks but now appears to be frozen in a position that seems to be a 50/50 mix between the two locations. While attempting to do live values there is no movement between the specified range and of course the error message given.

Since the failure trend of these servos is pretty well documented and getting to them is very difficult I figure the best course of action is to simply order a new servo and install it rather then just check for a loose connection once accessed:

Code:
Address 08: Auto HVAC    Labels: 7L6-907-044.clb 
Part No SW: 7L6 907 044 AF    
Component: CLIMAtronic 2+2 4331 
Coding: 0020030 
Shop #: WSC 31414 790 00001 
VCID: 78B37BE35DA25F8123A3AC-802D 

Subsystem 1 - Part No SW: 7L6-907-049-F 
Component: CLIMAtronic FOND 0503 

1 Fault Found: 
01809 - Actuating Motor for Temperature Flap; Left (V158) 
005 - No or Incorrect Basic Setting / Adaptation

While searching my concern I saw on the ross-tech site that many modules have similar wording although different codes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back