Status
Not open for further replies.

Gizmo

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=49193
Is it possible to change the 12v power socket in the boot so it is ignition fed? currently it is permanent live.
Ideally by coding but info on any other way is appreciated.

The car is a 2015 Škoda Superb MKIII (MQB)

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
Is it possible to change the 12v power socket in the boot so it is ignition fed? currently it is permanent live.
Ideally by coding but info on any other way is appreciated.

The car is a 2015 Škoda Superb MKIII (MQB)

Gizmo: Hello. Alas I fear that I might have to disappoint you because I beleive that a VCDS tweak won't suffice for your needs. My suspicion is that what is needed is an old-fashion, low-tech, fuse-yank!

I believe that the arrangement for the ciggy lighter (Uwe has advised that PC terms aren't needed here - so I won't call it a 12v power socket) in the skoda superb is very similar (same?) as the MQB mk7 Golf (even the method of getting access to the fuse box is the same - I believe). This being so, all that you need to do is move the position of fuse #40 as shown in the picture below. The second, smaller picture is from the on-line free Skoda manual - notice the similarities between the two cars and notice also the inclusion of the down-arrow on fuse #40!

Please note that the factory default in a mk7 is for a terminal 15 supply (i.e. switched 12V with ignition-on). Clearly the default for the skoda is opposite (i.e. terminal 30), so your objective is to have fuse 40 in the position shown in the 1st (mk7) picture

2asiW2g.png

1LVw0Zf.png

There is a full write-up of the complete process HERE

Cheers
Don
PS: the other fortunate aspect of our cars is that we both live in enlightened countries that have the steering wheel on the correct side of the vehicle!
PPS: Fuse position #40 supplies the in-cabin and hatch ciggy lighters, so the change will impact both sockets

Last edited:

Gizmo

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=49193
Thanks, unfortunately there is no switched live power supply on the Superb like there is on the Golf :cry:

766b5df7-4956-48ed-a994-27f83242e9ee_zpskqt74uia.jpg

f5d40e73-61df-4279-9b7a-7e7f9537ce93_zpsvtbf3orb.jpg

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
Thanks, unfortunately there is no switched live power supply on the Superb like there is on the Golf :cry:

Gizmo: bummer - From the photos, it looks like the plastic fuse base was made to be able to move the fuse, but Skoda didn't install the metal retaining clips!!
Don

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back