How do I get the long code change to accept in 32-Differential Locks?

Radfox

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=171601
Hi,

I have a 2015 GTI PP and I am trying to disable the VAQ via VCDS and believe that I need to change the value in 32-Differential Locks (Quersperre) to new long code of 0000.

When I attempt to do this, VCDS is saying that the module is uninitialized and needs to set the workshop code, and equipment number codes. The defaults of 12345, 123, 12345 are being rejected.

Also is there a security code for this module and does anybody know it yet?

Thanks,

Rad

DrPeter

Ross-Tech Employee
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Hello,

When I attempt to do this, VCDS is saying that the module is uninitialized and needs to set the workshop code, and equipment number codes. The defaults of 12345, 123, 12345 are being rejected.

Use the [Option] page of VCDS, on the top, click to change the page to the [User Interface and Identification], here is where you can enter values that will be stored with VCDS and the message you saw before will not be displayed.

- I suggest to change these numbers to any random number, as long as you do not choose all [0]s or [12345] [123] [12345]
For example a typical dealer tool may have stored:

Code(WSC) = [05089]
VZ/Importer = [444]
Equipment Number = 00421]

For more information about the above, please see this Ross-Tech user manual link: Option Page

hope this helps,

drpeter

Radfox

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=171601
Hello,

Use the [Option] page of VCDS, on the top, click to change the page to the [User Interface and Identification], here is where you can enter values that will be stored with VCDS and the message you saw before will not be displayed.

For more information about the above, please see this Ross-Tech user manual link: Option Page

hope this helps,

drpeter

Thanks drpeter, i will try this out tonight or tomorrow. However, on the Ross-Tech user manual it says that if a control module does not accept all 0's that you may have to use different numbers but it says to not enter them from the 'Option" page. See below: What is the official stance on this?

Here is quote: Some control modules do not allow themselves to be Coded with the default 00000 WSC in place. VCDS should prompt you with a message to input non-zero values in such cases. You should NOT make such changes in the Options screen itself.

Thanks,

Rad

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
It depends on what's currently in the module, what the module will accept, and what VCDS will let you change on the coding screen itself. We try to keep individuals out of trouble and leaving the fewest "tracks" that we can, but sometimes it's necessary to override stuff.

-Uwe-

Radfox

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=171601
It depends on what's currently in the module, what the module will accept, and what VCDS will let you change on the coding screen itself. We try to keep individuals out of trouble and leaving the fewest "tracks" that we can, but sometimes it's necessary to override stuff.

-Uwe-

I entered the example codes above but now when I try to change the coding from 0001 to 0000, I am getting the following error message:

Coding Rejected
Error 31: Request out of range

What causes this message?

Thanks,

Rad

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001