A few RS6 (C5) issues

6172crew

Reaction score
Im using the wifi vagcomm, trying to familiarize myself.

I was reading up on adjusting headlights Zenon type and I am unable to make any changes to the values using my ipad. Im on 50, and thats where it stays. The box for the measurement doesn't accept inputs.

My immobilizer doesnt give me any of the feedback in the wiki. Here is what happened. I replaced the outside case and battery and now it kicks off the immobilizer and shuts car off. Im using a regular key to drive the car, but would like to be able to use the fob again if its possible. In the wiki it seems to leave off that I have field 25, and none of the instructions match with anything I see.

I also notice in 74 (chassis electronic) it just times out.

My torque converter says locked, no movement or fluid, is this normal for sitting parked?

The vagcomm doesnt just link up, and Im using the A6 AllRoad C5 because I dont see a RS6 one, im I correct about this?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
The vagcomm doesnt just link up, and Im using the A6 AllRoad C5 because I dont see a RS6 one, im I correct about this?
Yes, there's no separate entry for RS6 because except for the crazy engine, it's really just a 4B/C5 chassis car, a chassis too old to have a gateway installation list to be read.

As for the rest, please post an Auto-Scan so people can see what state the various systems in your car are in. The second post in that thread shows how to do it with VCDS-Mobile.

-Uwe-

6172crew

Reaction score
Thanks Uwe, Ill will do that as soon as I get some time to play with the hexnet again.

Other_Erik

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=192416
Maybe a bit late replying, but headlight vertical/horizontal adjustment has to be done manually. Pop the hood, start the vag-com, module (55?) for headlight control, put it into adjustment mode (option 4?), then bust out the allen key set and get wrenching. Adjust as needed, turn off adjustment mode from vag-com, you're all done. Local stealership did this incorrectly on my RS6 and I ended up with headlights pointed at the ground (like, 3ft of headlight beam on the road in front of the beast) and still tried to gouge me $135 for an hour of work =\

O_E