Golf 6 tdi major issues

Shafo

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=163752
Hi guys
This car is not with me as yet as i first want to find out if i am capable of helping my customer
Issue started with customer losing keys.
Towed car to locksmith who i imagine tried to pull info on cluster eeprom...locksmith damaged cluster and client towed vehicle to agents who supplied and coded a brand new cluster...end of the day the brand new cluster goes on but vehicle will not start...agents claim odometer is showing 660 thousand kilos....obviousy they some how messed up with the coding....i want to know if i get a used cluster, key and ecu set will it just be plug and play?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
On an Mk.6: Provided all three components came from the same car and were previously playing well together, I *think* they would continue to do so, but the stuff would then have the wrong VIN in it (which makes the entire car rather sketchy) and the wrong mileage. Also, if the car has an MK60EC1 ABS module, that would then have to be coded to the VIN.

VCDS isn't going to be any real help with this one..

-Uwe-

Shafo

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=163752
And ive had some serious issues with the mk60ec1 abs module before...customer is so desperate now as agents want to fit a new ecu, cluster and supply a new key...very pricey...i think its a Siemens pcr 2 ecu in the vehicle...if anybody else could confirm a used set would work?what would it involve to change the abs vin coding?

Jetta 97

Professional User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=81680
And ive had some serious issues with the mk60ec1 abs module before...customer is so desperate now as agents want to fit a new ecu, cluster and supply a new key...very pricey...i think its a Siemens pcr 2 ecu in the vehicle...if anybody else could confirm a used set would work?what would it involve to change the abs vin coding?

Yes it will work if you have it all 3 form same car , unless that car has push Start.
ABS coding can be fixed but only manual way to code it due to wrong VIN, which is not easy job.