Does VCDS Work on Porsche - Porsche Cayenne?

Bruce

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
--------
VCDS does not support the Porsche brand at this time.

The Porsche Cayenne, while sharing some control modules from the VW Touareg, is not considered a supported platform by VCDS. Yes, on the Cayenne, you may be able to "speak" to some modules using VCDS, however we would not recommend it as a "full" support tool nor as a good buy for the Cayenne. (Borrow a buddies' VCDS tool!) Ross-Tech will not necessarily support inquiries about Cayenne diagnostics.

* question submitted to Ross-Tech Sales email (4/26/2014 by Gurcan)

leftlanecars

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=63208
VCDS does not support the Porsche brand at this time.

The Porsche Cayenne, while sharing some control modules from the VW Touareg, is not considered a supported platform by VCDS. Yes, on the Cayenne, you may be able to "speak" to some modules using VCDS, however we would not recommend it as a "full" support tool nor as a good buy for the Cayenne. (Borrow a buddies' VCDS tool!) Ross-Tech will not necessarily support inquiries about Cayenne diagnostics.

* question submitted to Ross-Tech Sales email (4/26/2014 by Gurcan)

Bruce, scanned 4 different modules on a 2006 Cayenne S today (engine, trans, ABS, Airbags) and was able to do most everything I can do with a Touareg.. couldn't see the transfer case nor run an auto scan, but it did what I needed it to. Pleasantly surprised! Using latest Hex-Net

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Yes, but I bet there are a lot more modules that are undocumented than in a Touareg, and depending on what engine is in the Cayenne, VCDS may not talk to the ECU at all. Then there's the fact that we don't have access the kinds of reference materials for Porsche that we have for the other VW-Audi Group brands. So while VCDS may be useful on a Cayenne, we still can't consider the Cayenne "supported".

-Uwe-

Wmwizkid

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=374582
i did dpf regenration on vcds to a 2009 porche cayenne. it was sucessful 100 percent. just i am unable to reset service reminder.

Back