VW GOLF MK7 Door ambient light not working

motherfoca

Reaction score
I have original ambient door lighting, recently i have been through a issue which i had to completely rewrite BCM (09) software. After that, my ambient door lights and footwell lights stopped working.
I have VCDS,so after tons of work ive got footwell lights to work again, but no luck with door lights.

However, ive noticed that they light up only when the door is open, when i close the door they fade away.

I want to get them to work like before, light up when my headlights are on. Any help ???

Looks like the same issue of this thread https://forums.ross-tech.com/index.php?threads/24754/, but in my case all the ambient lights are genuine from the factory.

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
Did you do an Auto-Scan before replacing the BCM? VCDS saves scans in C:\Ross-Tech\VCDS\Scans

Reactions: Uwe

motherfoca

Reaction score
I hope it saves automatomatically !!

My notebook isnt with me right now but ill get that information as soon as possible !!

Btw, sorry for the bad english! And thanks for the reply

motherfoca

Reaction score
I have some scans from before rewriting BCM, but it doesnt have any information from adaptations.. (ad-map)

Any suggestions?

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
If you made any adaptation changes they will be saved in a file called AdpLog.csv in the C:\Ross-Tech\VCDS\Debug folder

Reactions: Uwe

motherfoca

Reaction score
Oh, yes i have this files. But ive tried to enter these informations back in the BCM but no luck with that too.

motherfoca

Reaction score
Any help ? All my adaptations changes doesnt affect door lights.
I’ve noticed that the lights on the door are permanently on, but very weak all the time. The only way to make them glow brighter is by opening the doors.

motherfoca

Reaction score
No problem, how do I get these informations?

Other thing I’ve noticed, is that part number end from BCM have changed from “AA” to “AJ” after rewriting.
Is there any chance that this “new” part number is from a car that doesn’t have this function from factory ? And also isn’t possible to enable?

Back