Fuel Pressure.

Brian422

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=301473
Have just replaced Fuel Filter in my 2013 1.2 (CGPB) Polo which incorporates a 4.0 Bar Fuel Pressure Regulator but, according to VCDS (IDE00188-ENG101818) Fuel Pressure is 4998.32 Hpa (4.99 Bar); which is the same as with the old filter.

I would be grateful any suggestions or for information regarding Fuel Pressure Sensor location.

Regards and Thanks
Brian.

NZDubNurd

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=230482
It might not even have a sensor. Some ECU's calculated some values, and some just use a "fixed" value

If it has one, I'd suspect it was on the fuel rail somewhere.

Reactions: Uwe

Brian422

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=301473
Hi Allan.

Thank you for your interest.

There is only one fuel pipe connected to Fuel Injector Rail, no Pressure Sensor, I suspect the return is taken of supply at some point.

Will trace fuel lines when weather becomes more amenable.

Regards and Thanks
Brian

NZDubNurd

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=230482
It'll be a returnless system - the regulator in the filter will return to the tank, but the filter outlet will just run to the rail and go nowehere else.

We have a pair of Tourans, which (used to) run FSI engines. They run a varaible pressure fuel system, and can vary the low pressure pump speed to adjust the pressure.

Ours are later BVY engines, and they DO NOT have pressure sensors for the low side, but have a figure in the ECU measuring blocks, which it calculates off the pump speeds it's chooses to run.

Earlier versions of the same basic motor DO have a sensors and run actual readings in the ECU measuring blocks.

I really do suspect yours just runs that fixed value.

Reactions: Uwe

Brian422

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=301473
As there is no return from the Injector manifold you are probably correct; VCDS value generated in ECU.

Found following on You Tube explaining operation of Fuel Filter Pressure Regulator.

Back