engine - measure block numbers - change between versions?

tmoe

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=109772
Do the measure block numbers change between versions? I have logs from 2013 when I first got my Audi Q5 3.0, I believe these worked up till 14.x.x but I'm not positive. When I try to use same locations with version 15.7, I've attached a jpg show the same car different versions of vcds, the information at the measure block location is different. In some case the names aren't even the same so somewhere the data mapping between vcds block numbers and ecu address locations changed. Is there a way I can go back to the old addresses and names? I only listed a couple of locations but as you can see everything is different. I can understand new ecu need new addressing.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Sebastian

Ross-Tech Employee
Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HN0-nnnnnn
The current measuring value functionality (for the UDS protocol) in VCDS doesn't follow the VW/Audi guidelines, resulting in changed location numbers whenever the asam dataset changes (likely to happen with every new VCDS release/update). In short, get used to it until we manage to implement a solution. :(

Last edited:

tmoe

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=109772
The current measuring value functionality (for the UDS protocol) in VCDS doesn't follow the VW/Audi guidelines, resulting in changed location numbers whenever the asam dataset changes (likely to happen with every new VCDS release/update). In short, get used to it until we manage to implement a solution. :(
Ok, thanks for the info. I'll assume the solution is not trivial and I'll just learn to not update unless I have a reason to.

NEtech

VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=56995
You can use the new search function, for example search for "Throttle valve", "Charge air" etc.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
The current measuring value functionality (for the UDS protocol) in VCDS doesn't follow the VW/Audi guidelines [...]
Last I personally looked, VW/Audi didn't have location numbers at all, just names for the values.

-Uwe-