EDC15P in BEW Car with ARL Engine

manicslothpdx

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=319469
I know this may not be the best forum to use, but I am going to try a few at the same time like TDIClub and uk-mkivs.

My TDI guru and I are in the last stages of swapping out my BEW engine with a complete ARL engine bay. This includes everything (at least for now,) including the vacuum-power EGR setup and piping. Unfortunately, I need to pass Readiness since I live in an area that does emissions testing and my tags are expired.

I'd like to see if we can figure out how to get everything to work. We ordered some EDC15P ECU's but haven't done anything with one yet.

Would there be a way to use VCDS to get the ARL EGR to work with an EDC16?

Or, is an EDC15 swap the only option?

Some caveats... yes, I know we could just put in the original parts, or also delete the EGR, but I don't want to go those routes yet. I was able to get 4Motion to work natively, even though it took a few months to figure out the jumper pins solution in the ABS module connector (with a lot of help from this forum,) so I am hopeful we might be able to find a way to pass Readiness and have everything work with the engine swap.

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
Would there be a way to use VCDS to get the ARL EGR to work with an EDC16?
I may be wrong, but it sounds to me like that would need firmware changes in the ECU - and as VCDS is a diagnostics tool not a flashing tool I don't think it's the tool for this job.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Back