Status
Not open for further replies.

Segmant

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=538489
Hi, new to the forum, and looking for help with an issue with my VW Crafter motorhome.

It's a 2007 VW Crafter so a little bit of an unknown with scanning and coding as it's really a Mercedes Sprinter.

My codes shown are pointing to all of the rear parking sensors, I can't imagine they've all gone bad at the same time!
I've actually removed them and inspected the wires for any damage after uncoiling all the protective tape and testing the resistance and all came back as in good order.

Is there a central module that controls the rear sensors?

The front sensors are working correctly.

Code:
Wednesday,22,March,2023,14:06:11:27395
VCDS -- Windows Based VAG/VAS Emulator Running on Windows 10 x64
VCDS Version: 23.3.0.0 (x64)  HEX-V2 CB: 0.4631.4
Data version: 20230228 DS346.1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Address B2: LT3 Park Assist       Labels: None
Control Module Part Number: 0004460056    HW: 0004460056
  Component and/or Version:
           Software Coding:
            Work Shop Code: WSC 00117 555 00000
              ASAM Dataset: 3 769 ()
                       ROD: CRFT1_EPH_3_769.rod (*)
                      VCID: 0C41B712F6CDE75A63B-8058
4 Faults Found:

9027 - Rear Left Parking Aid Sensor (G203): Short to GND
            Test Complete - Active/Stored
9023 - Rear Left Center Parking Aid Sensor (G204): Short to GND
901F - Rear Right Center Parking Aid Sensor (G205): Short to GND
901B - Rear Right Parking Aid Sensor (G206): Short to GND

Bruce

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
--------
A guess: power has been lost to the sensors. Pull a wiring diagram (see How To menu drop down top of page) to see what is common to them. Short to Ground could mean no 12v or 5v - whichever reference the sensor uses. Could be a blown fuse.

The B2 module is the module to which the sensors are connected.

Reactions: Uwe

Segmant

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=538489
A guess: power has been lost to the sensors. Pull a wiring diagram (see How To menu drop down top of page) to see what is common to them. Short to Ground could mean no 12v or 5v - whichever reference the sensor uses. Could be a blown fuse.

The B2 module is the module to which the sensors are connected.
Thanks Bruce, going through the wiring diagrams now, I found there is a parking sensor control unit, 2E0 909 052 GC, for the front and rear sensors.

Segmant

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=538489
So since the faults are all short to GND should I be looking for a split wire somewhere in the parking sensor loom?

Fuse for the Parking Control Module is ok, the other two fuses that are referenced in the flow diagrams and ok.

The wiring loom with the 4 sensors in is all ok, no split wires up to where the sensor loom connects to an 8pin block under the chassis.

i haven't pulled the loom wiring from the 8pin block to the PDC unit yet, I feel that's the last thing to check before I consider the PDC Unit itself as the issue, but I don't see how as the front sensors work fine

Bruce

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
--------
sounds like a connection issue. Did you pull out your handy dandy multimeter and check voltage at the sensors? To prove my theory? Don't just chase ideas.. prove them. The wiring diagram should show how the sensor is connected.

Reactions: Uwe

Segmant

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=538489
sounds like a connection issue. Did you pull out your handy dandy multimeter and check voltage at the sensors? To prove my theory? Don't just chase ideas.. prove them. The wiring diagram should show how the sensor is connected.
Yeah started at the back with my trusty MM, sensors seem to be all ok, then the rain came so will be back on it tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back