Int. protocol box

Gforce

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=540098
What protocol boxes do I check using the Hex net V2 ?

Shaun

Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
We offer two current generation interfaces:
The HEX-V2 interface which is USB only, for which you would check "USB"
And the HEX-NET interface, which has both USB and wifi and can use either, you would check "USB" or "NET" depending on how you wish to connect.

Which of the above interfaces do you have? You should select the appropriate option as described above. If you aren't certain, please post the serial number.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
He's got a HEX-V2 and this doesn't belong in HEX-NET support. Moving to Product Support.

@Gforce -- you shouldn't have to check any protocol boxes at all. Just make sure you're using the USB Port and leave everything related to protocols alone. See also:

-Uwe-

Gforce

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=540098
He's got a HEX-V2 and this doesn't belong in HEX-NET support. Moving to Product Support.

@Gforce -- you shouldn't have to check any protocol boxes at all. Just make sure you're using the USB Port and leave everything related to protocols alone. See also:

-Uwe-
Thank you for the “tour options” link on your post. It answered all of my questions and then some. I should’ve use the word parameters in my post instead of protocol as I was wondering about all the unchecked boxes and thought maybe one of them needed to be checked. Clearly I do not need to check any of those boxes or change any of the protocols. Thank you again for your post and I am all set up and ready to plug-in now.

Gforce

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=540098

-Uwe-
And I do have a hex V2 and I will try to post in the correct place next time. Thank you again. G

Reactions: Uwe