Braking setup

skivy71

Reaction score
Hi, after a long absence from VW, I picked up a Polo AW (mk6) GTI. Forgot about the stupid VAG design where it diverts braking force (dynamically) to front / rear and how annoying it is.

In fact, I'd go as far as to say it's dangerous... you get used to x force and do the same at low speed and it's an abrupt experience.

Also, I believe this stupid software arrangement contributes towards the "mooing" from the rear brakes in reverse whilst performing low speed driving.

I currently had OBD11 and I see there are settings for dynamic braking, which can be turned off (which would be a start) and also brake drying (which i want to turn off as even tepid driving has the back discs hot).

I've tried to change the settings and it appears as if the security is accepted, but the changes are reverted.

Can I make these changes with VCDS?

I used to have a Polo GTI 9N3 with exactly the same issue, just silly.

Ridiculous given VAG resources how they can mess this up.

I need the braking consistent, would like to know if a purchase here will help me.

Thanks

Neil

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
Can I make these changes with VCDS?
If those changes are made using only coding and/or adaptation channel changes then I can see no reason why not, BUT I've never owned or worked on a Polo and I strongly suspect that without seeing a VCDS Auto-Scan even the experts will be able to confirm that.

• Agree
Reactions: Uwe