Battery coding

senna1

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=231631
I have a coding question for vw T5 the protocol is Can 2013 plate, And i have a 61 battery module on the vcds, if i select that then coding nothing
so use just laong adaption The the next issues is the Battery manufacturer is Yuasa which is not on the menu for Vendor, i have for certain Serial number
10 digits, then all i have left on the battery is AH 70, another Letters/ Numbers, YBX9096. as the format vcds is Battery size i have added 070, Then i have chosen
YBX for vendor 3 digits, & then Serial Number 10 digits, here you can see the log of it, i have selected test and save, How do i know if i the coding is correct or do you suggest return the battery for on vcds menu the battery came from TPS vw parts

I have just spoken to TPS Vw parts supplier and the reply is The transporter does not need to be battery Coded, there is no
battery monitoring on the positive lead and it is stop start type ,
Can you confirm if this is correct ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Long Adaptation Channel 004:
Stored value 070 YBX YB20283945
Battery Information/Replacement
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

Last edited:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Same van as you posted about here?

Have you got the 61 module coded yet? Note that the 61 module is not a physical module, but rather a virtual module that's actually part of the BCM at address 09, and that appears to be an incorrect part for the vehicle.

-Uwe-

senna1

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=231631
Uew yes same Van Been to 2 companies and now in my lap,, loads of issues as you can see, i dont know the history all i know is the
owner bought it with electrical faults, he was told wrong ecu/ Bcm/ and cluster, so 3k later he had all 3 replaced and supposed to be coded
but you can see on the log ??? And it also says as you can see incorrectly coded inc 61 Module, so as i have a on going discussion about this vehicle on the forum BCM especially,,,, I cant really go on with my diagnostics Because a lot of things dont add up until i get to the bottom of the Bcm TYPE for stop/start vehicle as j533 should be separate module not integrated in BCM all the codings were i'm told using ODIS.
Can you give me the coding info for 61 if VCDS can do it for me to try,

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Can you give me the coding info for 61 if VCDS can do it for me to try,
I already gave you a coding to try in post #4 of the other thread. But coding for that module is well documented in the Long Coding Helper that comes with VCDS and I don't know quite all the details of the vehicle's configuration.

-Uwe-

senna1

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=231631
Thanks Uwe i have a lot of issues first, i will come back to that once they are corrected

Back