Anne Sacoolas , the outcome is terrible

JMR

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=432218
I ve been watching the saga of the terrible news about this personage . Killed poor young Harry Dunn while driving on the "wrong side " of the UK roads and then she fleed claiming immunity. There was some pressure put out by UK but in the end *justice * prevailed in the form of a *undisclosed amount * paid to the family of Dunn and no jail time for Ms Sacoolas. Would you say that justice was served ?
Brings back memories of a drunk US marine that killed a romanian citizen here in Romania and then he fled the country and was never prosecuted...

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
Any UK citizen would receive a much tougher sentence for causing death by either careless or dangerous driving so it does seem that she has got off far too lightly.

JMR

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=432218
When you say far too lightly you realize that she has not served 1 day in jail or nothing right ? For taking a life and fleeing the country....that seems like gross injustice...and i will not give a shit about her so called immunity. That there is not immunity to kill people on UK s streets and then flee and forget about it. She killed a kid , she needs some prison time...but these is justice for some of our *high society *. Whereas socialite Gislaine Maxwell got 20 some prison years for some so called " sex trafficking " done back 20-30 yrs ago while those same women that accused her enjoyed the benefits of power , money , gifts , party life and what came with it . Plus a shitload of money in form of 5 million plus dollars or more in settlements. How is that for justice ? I watched a documentary and it makes you throw up..some of these women are not very convincing and they lied about many things.

Last edited:

Bruce

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
--------
@JMR I am certain that you are a student of history. Tell me, in what time period of recorded history have the elite ever been held accountable for their actions? The elite make the rules. The rest of us have to live with the rules made and the enforcement applied.

Justice? Justice ebbs and flows depending on the times. Man is incapable of truly being just. Man always has an agenda and can never completely put that agenda aside. Real justice is an ideal that we should strive to attain but as long as the Elite make the rules, I doubt real justice will ever be realized. Equality for all. Justice for all. The dream of the American foundation. And yet, we are not Just. We have not given equality for all. At times we have been better than some but at other times we have failed miserably.

Our goal must be to keep trying and to keep looking for ways to achieve Justice. It seems to me that we have to stop elevating the Elite class to the rulers and law makers. But can that be done in any of our political systems? Power comes from money and position in virtually every society of man. How then do we change the order of things?

Revolution temporarily resets things but eventually a new elite forms and it goes back to the same old things - the elite have the power to make the rules and the rest have to follow or suffer the imposed enforcement. Where in recorded history has it ever been different?

The goals of Justice and Peace have been with us from the beginnings of recorded history and yet, we do achieve these. Why? I submit it is because we truly do not want Justice and Peace for all. Rather, we want our version of Justice and our version of Peace. If we cannot have our version, then we fight to get it.

Justice? Peace? Great ideals for which to strive but to get these we have to give up our own selfish desires. Is man capable of such?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001

-Uwe-

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
All I see is this, is the video region restricted?
a39Vp4w.png

• Haha
Reactions: JMR

JMR

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=432218
@Bruce , no , to answer your question..NO ! Humans are driven by greed , thirst of power and the need to feel important . Even if there are small exceptions ( say when a man gets all he needs , a good wife, a good house , a good job , maybe some kids and a nice life ) there are still some that want more and more and more , it never stops . I , in my honest belief , i think that we as a species we don t know what we want , we are no privy to the reason we exist other than mate and continue the species. So since we don t think that we will be higher in perhaps an etereal life /being , we do what we think it s next to best thing : acquire money , power and influence by any means possible . The justice is served to those below a certain " income level " ,most of the time . I d have many stories to tell , but this is not the place . I ve seen poor to rich and back to poor again and the comportament of said person switched how the wind was blowing .
So no , we are not capable of enjoying a good life even if it hit us in between the eyes .

@Uwe , i do believe that such things could happen in the real world ( revoking some immunity by execution / legal loopholes )and americans will get away with it. However , viceversa doesn t apply :). One of the few perks of being a US citizen. Other than that , the power of an american passport is now on 19 th place on the list , from being number 1 for many years , being surpassed by say UAE as being the passport that opens nearly any country . Whatta ya think bout that ? It s sad ain t it ?

@PetrolDave i can see the video posted just fine from where i am...

Reactions: Uwe
Back