VCDS FOR IPAD PRO

cschmitz20

Verified VCDS-Lite User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=385099
hello. Is there a way to use an iPad Pro with the hex net device? I saw mentions of using Wi-Fi from ten hex.net. Is that possible? If so how does it work?

romad

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=208765
hello. Is there a way to use an iPad Pro with the hex net device? I saw mentions of using Wi-Fi from ten hex.net. Is that possible? If so how does it work?
It sounds like you want to use your Hex-Net in "Access Point" (AP) mode. Is that correct?
First have you checked out the FAQs at https://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/vag-com-faq.php ?
F.A.Q. Page 6 should help you, in particular sections 6.6 & 6.7

I haven't used my Hex-Net with either my iPhone or iPad Mini yet (it's a "To Do" item) but I think you'll go through Safari to do so.

cschmitz20

Verified VCDS-Lite User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=385099
Im not sure? I normally use my laptop but I think the battery is dead and I have an almost new iPad Pro that I would love to use for VCDS. Do I need to download an app to the iPad Pro?

cschmitz20

Verified VCDS-Lite User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=385099
So I can’t use my iPad Pro to run VCDS? That’s what I am trying to figure out. I always have the regular VCDS license and normally use my laptop but I thinking may be on its way out and I’d rather not buy another lap top now

cschmitz20

Verified VCDS-Lite User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=385099
Ok. I watched the first video and
Don’t realize aboutbthe hex wireless
Options. Hopefully can figure it out. Does it just pop up on the device when you connect via wireless or how do you access VCDS from my phone or iPad?

cschmitz20

Verified VCDS-Lite User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=385099
Shoot I think I only have the hex-v2 so that must be different than the hex net thing. Sorry for the trouble

Bruce

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
--------
:banghead: The HEX-V2 is a wired system, Windows PC only.....

The HEX-NET is both wired and wireless. Running VCDS-Mobile, it can communicate with your iPad using a web browser - Safari... or other.

Yes, when you connect via WiFi, the HEX-NET will display information in the web browser.

If you have a HEX-V2, then none of the WiFi business matters to you as it is USB only, Windows PC only.

• Agree
Reactions: Uwe

cschmitz20

Verified VCDS-Lite User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=385099
Yea sorry about that. I see that now. I guess I either upgrade to the hex.net or get a different windows tablet or laptop

stefdds

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=174556
I guess I either upgrade to the hex.net or get a different windows tablet or laptop

Have you seen this?

Back