07 passat has brain damage.

vwstumped

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=527138
is it possible to take the key the ignition switch ecm tcm and all the other modules along with the complete wiring harness from another car and install everything into a different car and have
everything work nlike it was still in the other car.

2kaa52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=319193
is it possible to take the key the ignition switch ecm tcm and all the other modules along with the complete wiring harness from another car and install everything into a different car and have
It is . But why do you want to do this big Thing ?

siLc

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=330192
Passat B6 ignition switch is not part of the immo - it's a simple "reader". I remember @Uwe talking about putting the electronic identity of a vehicle of another vehicle (different VINs in electronics vs on the chassis) in an emissions state is a slippery slope.

iichel

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=284912
in essence, you'd only need the modules that contain immo/key data
ELV (if present)
kessy module (if present)
BCM/convenience module (for remotes mostly)

and certainly:
cluster
ECU
keys

TCM is not part of immo in pre-MQB cars

The ignition lock itself is only matched to the key blade, but you can usually move the key blade to the new key.

Reactions: JMR

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Yes, if you take everything that's required. But doing so can lead to some real headaches if the car is registered in a place that does emissions inspections because the VIN in the electronics won't match the physical VIN of the car.

-Uwe-

Jetta 97

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=81680
Why not tell us what is the problem with car ?
If you have bad ECU, I can program second hand used ECU , that is not a problem at all.
Posting Auto Scan will help us a lot.

vwstumped

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=527138
sorry for not getting back sooner i had to move to another building.So the problem with the car is it never should have started with the ecm from the car i took the engine from when i swapped engines in the first place.After i swapped the engine i put the key in and the dash illuminated immobilizer active.i put the ecm from the other car in and it started right up so it continued to work .after i had gotten the check engine light to stop coming on and the car cleared itself out as far as dash warning lights go.the car ran great i drove it about 200 miles on and off ovr a months time.then at a red light i turned off the traction control and shifted into manuel shift .the light turned green and i hit the gas and the car shut off and threw a po864 code.no comm with tcm.the car acted like it was out of gas after 7 or 8 times trying to start it again it started back up and got me back to my shop a half mile but it felt like it was in limp mode or the timing was off .i checked the timing and it was correct checked for spark no spark.checked the grounds and power wires to the ecm no constant 12 v going into the ecm.started checking all the fuses the fuesbox under the hood no power to fuse 6,7,8,9,10,11,12,15,on the obd port ground and 12 v power are present.the took the fues box apart cleaned it even reeplaced it no change changed the tcm the power control moduel the comfort mod thei instrument cluster all the relays in the power moduel and relays under the hood.took it the dealership to see if they could see what was going on they sold me a key but they coulnt program it to the car they hooked up to it to scann it and it wouldnt read the vin.that i needed an ecm.i had 4 more ecm out of 4 other cars with me it wouldnt read the vin on any of them.i can open most of the conrol moduels with the vcds scanner but not the ecm or the hvac and a few others so i havent got a clue as to why the ecm is not getting power that wire reads about .03 of a volt .i thought the ross tech donggel woul tell you if there was a short to ground anywhere but it didplays green lights and every things ok when i do the test on dongel.i dont think any power is coming out of the fues box where i traced that black with yellow sriped wire from the ecm pin 92 i believe it wasWhy not tell us what is the problem with car ?
If you have bad ECU, I can program second hand used ECU , that is not a problem at all.
Posting Auto Scan will help us a l
Why not tell us what is the problem with car ?
Posting Auto Scan will help us a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:

EuroX

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=208579
You ca go ahead with changing the modules if needed. The vin can be changed in the ecu is needed. Note not need to clone, however if you ever loose keys the dealer will not be able to programs keys to the vehicle if the vin was changed only.

Whats the back story to this car?? Flood car?? accident?? It sounds like it's been fucked with and now needs to get unfucked by someone with the right tools and knowledge.

vwstumped

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=527138
defiantly needs to get unfucked i guess i need to figure out why its nit getting any power to the ecm from the batterie I'm bad a wiring diagrams i had alldata wiring diagram for this car but couldn't find the right starting point if any can help me get power back to the control module maybe i can get this car running again. Only history i know of is the timing chain broke and took the end of the cam shaft off when it did. that's when i was given the car so i put a used engine in but i didn't know i had to re adapt and re code .can someone help me with the wiring just need to know if its the black with yellow wire going into the ecu pin 92 on connector I'm only showing 0.3 volts and the engine wiring harness reads the same on all sensors and now power at the fues box under hood for fuses 6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
See how wiring diagram is bold blue, that means it's a link to where to get the official repair information including the official wiring diagrams, which are likely to be more accurate and helpful than the alldata ones.

Reactions: Uwe

EuroX

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=208579
Need to post autoscan and start there. Wiring diagram is gonna be a must then checking and tracing wires and possibly a dirty overlay to see if it fixes your issue.

Reactions: Uwe

Jetta 97

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=81680
I would start with Fuse box in engine bay, if you have donor car just swap fuse box and see what happens. Make sure yo line up all Fuses and Relays according to original fuse box.
It is not very common problem that fuse box goes bad , but I have seen this in past on those B6 Passat.