VW Touran 2006 , 1.9 TDI , camshaft sensor wiring repair

2kaa52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=319193
This is a issue of Engine harness or harness which Comes from inside of the car ?

JMR

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=432218
It s a issue with the wiring loom that collects all the sensors and it s routed on the top of the starter ( front of engine , between fan and engine ) where it makes a harsh up turn ( there is a plastic clip that holds the wires somewhere around /above the starter and another plastic clip that holds the loom where it meets the chassis. I would guess that in time , because of the constant movement of the engine , the wiring loom chaffes and breaks the wires somewhere between these 2 clips ,on the edges of the starter housing and /or where it makes that turn to be helb by chassis. This is one of many many cars that i ve found this problem in the last few years but i have not documented them all because at that time i was not a member of this esteemed forum but a "pirate ". And there is more of this type of problems on other brands of cars but i don t always post about my other wiring work/repairs...sometimes i do post some of these repairs for entertainment or just to brag about it , however it s seen i don t mind :). Further more , i don t document all repairs because they are "trade secrets " learned repairing cars on the side of the road , in sleet , rain , snow , wind and scorching heat and they need to be kept close to the vest..we wont make any money if we expose on the internet all flaws and weak points of an electrical loom and how to fix in the electrical /electronic systems of cars now ,will we ? ;)

Last edited: