Trouble finding information on C114707, C114807, and C10C800

onks

Reaction score
Hey All:

I purchased a 2013 S6 with about 54K miles on it about a year and a half ago. I have put roughly 10k miles on it. I purchased it in NY and drove it back to Iowa (home). The car is tuned and has a Borla exhaust, I also put the RS grille on it it--I love the car. However, there is trouble in paradise. The other day I got a yellow light on the dash saying Air Suspension System Fault (after I had topped off the tires with air because of the cold weather). The light did not come back on again until driving to work a few days later--once again it turned off and stayed off--until I was on my way home from work. At this point, I started to grow concerned. When I got home I measured the gap between tire and wheelwell, the front passenger side was about 1/4 inch lower. I plugged in my OBDEleven and this is what I got:

C114707 - Pneumatic spring / air line front left mechanical malfunction - Intermittent
C114807 - Pneumatic spring / air line front right mechanical malfunction - Intermittent
C10C800 - Function deactivation active - Intermittent

I am not getting much when I search these codes online. My hopes are that the leveling sensors (which serve the dual purpose of headlight leveling sensor and air suspension leveling sensor) are no good (I just purchased a couple knock-off brand sensors from Amazon and ill plug those in to see what happens). The previous owner of the car had a front strut leak and replaced both of the struts. The front struts are only 3 years old or so, I have a hard time believing both of them would have a problem at the same time? Anyhow, last night I unplugged the battery and removed the leveling sensors. I cleaned them up and put them back on. I took the car out and whatever I did took care of C114807 and C11470, but I am still getting C10C80.

Anybody have these codes before? Maybe im going down the wrong road here with sensors in the first place? I am honestly not quite sure, I suppose it could be a leak in the hose entering the strut or something like that. I am tempted to spend the $200 to have Audi diagnose it, but wanna exhaust all my resources first.

Let me know if you have any ideas, thanks in advance!

• Agree
Reactions: Uwe

SaVAGeSoot

Reaction score
I don't have air suspension on your codes, but I also can't understand why you're messing around with the sensors when the codes direct you to the pneumatic springs?
Or were you under the impression that your leveling sensors were pneumatic?
Also, you're talking about a "competitor" tool's codes, but are asking the fine people who support VCDS to help you sort them?
Why don't you just buy a VCDS since you clearly need the support perks it comes with?
:confused:

Reactions: JMR

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
To be able to help we need you to post an Auto-Scan (full and unedited) made with VCDS (this is the VCDS support forum not the OBDEleven support forum!).

JMR

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=432218
Hey All:

I purchased a 2013 S6 with about 54K miles on it about a year and a half ago. I have put roughly 10k miles on it. I purchased it in NY and drove it back to Iowa (home). The car is tuned and has a Borla exhaust, I also put the RS grille on it it--I love the car. However, there is trouble in paradise. The other day I got a yellow light on the dash saying Air Suspension System Fault (after I had topped off the tires with air because of the cold weather). The light did not come back on again until driving to work a few days later--once again it turned off and stayed off--until I was on my way home from work. At this point, I started to grow concerned. When I got home I measured the gap between tire and wheelwell, the front passenger side was about 1/4 inch lower. I plugged in my OBDEleven and this is what I got:

C114707 - Pneumatic spring / air line front left mechanical malfunction - Intermittent
C114807 - Pneumatic spring / air line front right mechanical malfunction - Intermittent
C10C800 - Function deactivation active - Intermittent

I am not getting much when I search these codes online. My hopes are that the leveling sensors (which serve the dual purpose of headlight leveling sensor and air suspension leveling sensor) are no good (I just purchased a couple knock-off brand sensors from Amazon and ill plug those in to see what happens). The previous owner of the car had a front strut leak and replaced both of the struts. The front struts are only 3 years old or so, I have a hard time believing both of them would have a problem at the same time? Anyhow, last night I unplugged the battery and removed the leveling sensors. I cleaned them up and put them back on. I took the car out and whatever I did took care of C114807 and C11470, but I am still getting C10C80.

Anybody have these codes before? Maybe im going down the wrong road here with sensors in the first place? I am honestly not quite sure, I suppose it could be a leak in the hose entering the strut or something like that. I am tempted to spend the $200 to have Audi diagnose it, but wanna exhaust all my resources first.

Let me know if you have any ideas, thanks in advance!
perhaps you could be tempted to get an Enthusiast version of VCDS and become your own Audi dealer huh? :)