DPF not regenerating

kerrypassat

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
Hi folks,
Im new to this site and i've browsed through quite a few of the posts on dpf issues. My dpf wont regenerate, If I try a forced regeneration I can get it to run but nothing happens and the soot levels actually increase. Not sure if anyone has any ideas what the issue is. Ive done a full scan and I have a lot of faults that I didnt know about until this dpf issue raised its head. Not sure where to start, my local mechanic suggests removing the dpf altogether but if there was a more obvious fix id prefer that. Any help much appreciated.

Code:
Removed.  Data from a clone/pirate copy of VCDS is not acceptable in Ross-Tech's forum.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bruce

Ross-Tech Employee
Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
--------
Many of the faults are intermittent meaning they were there but were not present at the time the test was run. I suggest clearing the faults and see what returns.

Did you have a weak battery recently? Many of the faults appear to have been triggered by low voltage.

As to the DPF, I am no help to you there. I don't know diesels very well - except on the nice old lady you see in my avatar. She and I are getting acquainted but she has not DPF...

Crasher

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=21420
The ECU will not initiate regen above 40G, it is too blocked, hence "Excessive Soot Accumulation"

kerrypassat

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
Many of the faults are intermittent meaning they were there but were not present at the time the test was run. I suggest clearing the faults and see what returns.

Did you have a weak battery recently? Many of the faults appear to have been triggered by low voltage.

As to the DPF, I am no help to you there. I don't know diesels very well - except on the nice old lady you see in my avatar. She and I are getting acquainted but she has not DPF...
Thanks Bruce, had battery problems recently alright. That's a different set of problems as I think something may be draining it. It's a brand new battery but will drain after a few days if left.

kerrypassat

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
The ECU will not initiate regen above 40G, it is too blocked, hence "Excessive Soot Accumulation"
Thanks for the reply. I was having the problem with it not regenerating before it went over 40g. My problems are probably worse now that it has gone over the 40

Bruce

Ross-Tech Employee
Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
--------
@kerrypassat I believe you are using an illegal copy of our product and no further help will be given here until you acquire a real system. They are available on our web site or from our listed distributors. The forum moderator will be along to confirm my suspicion.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001