Minimum ACC speed

Meandhuskey

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm very happy with my new bear (Skoda Kodiaq). Nice car and the most changes which almost everyone needs are allready done by Skoda.
There's only one question, is it possible to make the minimum cruise control speed below 30km/h? I have a lot of customers they owned a campsite with 5, 10 or 15km/h limit on their terrain. Therefore I have a great wish to slowdown the cruise control. The car have DSG transmission, rolling on the 2nd gear doesn't work like my previous car, VW Caddy.
Anyone knows?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
You'll need to post an Auto-Scan so people can see exactly who the vehicle is equipped and configured in order to get a definitive answer.

-Uwe-

dnoermann

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=358118
is it possible to make the minimum cruise control speed below 30km/h?

For the Bosch MRR ACC used in MQB and PQ Car's 30 km/h is the minimum.
To my knowladge there is no Coding or Setting that can lower this.
But Since ACC FW can be patched, it is only a matter of time when someone builds a working patch to support this.
I first thought to increase the max from 210 to 211, just because i can :) but reducing to 10 km/h really sounds like a good idea.

2kaa52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=319193
For the Bosch MRR ACC used in MQB and PQ Car's 30 km/h is the minimum.
To my knowladge there is no Coding or Setting that can lower this.
But Since ACC FW can be patched, it is only a matter of time when someone builds a working patch to support this.
I first thought to increase the max from 210 to 211, just because i can :) but reducing to 10 km/h really sounds like a good idea.
30 kmh Minimum is for Manual Transmission cars only,not for dsg cars,or i am wrong ?

siLc

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=330192
DSG is also 30km/h.

What's the minimum speed this Kodiaq drives at when you take off and don't apply any throttle afterwards? DSG should shift to 2nd and the vehicle should then drive at 5-10km/h without slipping the clutch(es). Doesn't this work for the intended purpuse? The engine should automatically apply throttle to prevent stalling out.

2kaa52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=319193
DSG is also 30km/h.

What's the minimum speed this Kodiaq drives at when you take off and don't apply any throttle afterwards? DSG should shift to 2nd and the vehicle should then drive at 5-10km/h without slipping the clutch(es). Doesn't this work for the intended purpuse? The engine should automatically apply throttle to prevent stalling out.
The Minimum of my Octavia 1Z DSG is 1kmh.

Follow to stop down to 0 kmh

siLc

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=330192
Surely it's slipping the clutch like crazy at 1km/h? That's not sustainable in the long term.

Passat B7 ACC won't engage under 30km/h. I don't remember when I had normal cruise what the speed was then.

jyoung8607

FoRT
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=25607
The stock ACC radar has a minimum cruise setpoint, 30 km/h or 25 mph (or was it 20 mph?) depending on your settings. I don't know of a way to change that. Within that, if you have a lead car slowing in front of you, it will obviously go slower than that setpoint. For all MQB with auto transmissions, I believe you should have FtS at a minimum. Manual transmissions do have a higher minimum disengage speed on the stock ACC radar, I don't recall that exact speed.

For auto transmission cars, the setpoint limitation is only within the stock ACC radar. Using openpilot to replace the stock ACC radar, I can drive with an arbitrarily low setpoint, I can drive around at 5mph just fine. For manual transmission cars, the drivetrain coordinator does refuse controls below about 10mph. The stock ACC radar cuts you off quite a bit above that IIRC.

2kaa52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=319193
Surely it's slipping the clutch like crazy at 1km/h? That's not sustainable in the long term.

Passat B7 ACC won't engage under 30km/h. I don't remember when I had normal cruise what the speed was then.
I release the brake,car start rolling,then can set the acc