HexNetConfig Error code -11 when downloading/installing DS update

romad

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=208765
I was just updating my HexNet and HexNetConfig said it was downloading updates for CB, FW, & DS. After finishing the installations, I ran HexNet Config again to make certain there weren't more downloads and there was! However, when I went to download/install DS 30000060 to replace DS 60000055 on my HexNet, HexNet Config stops during the "Writing to HexNet" step with an Error code -11

Shaun

Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
During this part of the update the interface needs to re-mount as mass storage to write the data, and that error means something went wrong. It might be that windows is prompting you what you want to do with the newly mounted drive, you might need to click through that window to continue. Also if you are on a virtual machine it could cause this error, I would make sure you are on a real PC and try again, and pay attention to if windows pops up a prompt.

romad

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=208765
Shaun, I did the click through when the CB, FW & DS updates were done the first time with no error. It was when I discovered that the DS update had not actually been done and ran HexNetConfig again that it ended up with the error code. I'm using the same iMac and MacOS that I've used successfully to update my HexNet previously. The only difference is that I've moved from Oroville, California to Prescott, AZ!

BTW, when HexNetConfig mounts the HexNet as a storage device, it gives it a default name of "NONAME". If I click on it to get more information, I can change the name. Do you know if it would cause a problem changing the name to say "HexNet Storage"?

Shaun

Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
would cause a problem changing the name to say "HexNet Storage"
I doubt that would cause an issue, but that Mac .jar has been unsupported for a rather long time, I would suggest that you try to beg/burrow/steal a windows PC and see if it will do this update. Alternatively, you could try doing the update from VCDS-Mobile.

romad

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=208765
I doubt that would cause an issue, but that Mac .jar has been unsupported for a rather long time, I would suggest that you try to beg/burrow/steal a windows PC and see if it will do this update. Alternatively, you could try doing the update from VCDS-Mobile.
OK, I'll try using VCDS Mobile on my iPad Mini. BTW, I see it hasn't been updated in almost 3 years and is still a Beta product; any plans for a newer version soon?

Shaun

Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
The code for VCDS-Mobile is contained within the codeblock and is updated on practically a monthly basis. If you're referring to the dataset, there is a newer version available on the testing alpha channel, do you have a module that is not previously supported?

Reactions: Uwe

romad

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=208765
I was talking about the VCDS-Mobile.ipa version. The most recent version is 1.0.8 from 9 Jan 20.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I was talking about the VCDS-Mobile.ipa version. The most recent version is 1.0.8 from 9 Jan 20.
That's nothing but a helper app to assist with finding the interface on you network and then displaying the pages that VCDS-Mobile serves up from the HEX-NET via a web-view control window in the app. You can use VCDS-Mobile entirely without that app if you know the IP address of the HEX-NET. Is there a particular reason why you think that app needs to be or should be updated at this time?

-Uwe-

romad

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=208765
That's nothing but a helper app to assist with finding the interface on you network and then displaying the pages that VCDS-Mobile serves up from the HEX-NET via a web-view control window in the app. You can use VCDS-Mobile entirely without that app if you know the IP address of the HEX-NET. Is there a particular reason why you think that app needs to be or should be updated at this time?

-Uwe-
No, I was just asking because Shaun said VCDS-Mobile was contained in the monthly updated codeblock. I'll use it to confirm the HexNet IP address here on the network at my new residence in AZ. Then I'll try again to download DS 3000060 and see if it still returns a -11 error for the "Writing to HexNet" step.

Both the app and the software having the same name confused me. The VCDS-Mobile.ipa APP is 3 years old but the VCDS-Mobile SOFTWARE is updated frequently with the new codeblocks and is what is still in Beta as I now understand it.

Back