Adjusting engage speed for Headlight Assist

MACH999

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=513798
My 2017 Tiguan SEL is fitted with Headlight Assist on the LED headlights which, in the absence of approaching cars, will select full beam as soon as the car's speed reaches 40MPH. Is there any way to adjust the settings so that full beam would engage on a clear road at (say) 30MPH instead of 40? A lot of the local roads round here are very dark and would benefit from full beam, but in many places 40MPH cannot be safely reached.

Clearly I COULD select full/dipped beam manually, but as moving the stalk selects High/dipped/headlight assist alternately this is not a good option as it may cause delay in dipping headlights for oncoming traffic.

AINils

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=56975
No not possible, in europe there is 60kmh / 37,2 mph threshold, you can lift it higher in some case, but not lower

MACH999

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=513798
That is a shame. :(

AINils

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=56975
I can only speak for german law, but in germany it'S not allowed to use headlights in city. So under 60km/h is quite useless in this case

JMR

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=432218
My 2017 Tiguan SEL is fitted with Headlight Assist on the LED headlights which, in the absence of approaching cars, will select full beam as soon as the car's speed reaches 40MPH. Is there any way to adjust the settings so that full beam would engage on a clear road at (say) 30MPH instead of 40? A lot of the local roads round here are very dark and would benefit from full beam, but in many places 40MPH cannot be safely reached.

Clearly I COULD select full/dipped beam manually, but as moving the stalk selects High/dipped/headlight assist alternately this is not a good option as it may cause delay in dipping headlights for oncoming traffic.
really ? We've been driving like that for tens of years ( flip the High Beam on when necessary )...You would see the light of another car coming for few hundred meters right? Plenty of time to low beam it :)

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
My 2017 Tiguan SEL is fitted with Headlight Assist on the LED headlights which, in the absence of approaching cars, will select full beam as soon as the car's speed reaches 40MPH.
Interesting. We have a 2018 SEL (NAR model -- hecho en Mexico). Unfortunately, I don't have access to it right now to verify the behavior, but I'm pretty sure that with the stalk forward, it will run the high beam at any speed, dipping it only when it sees oncoming traffic, whereas with the stalk back, it runs the dipped beams only.

-Uwe-

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
It seems there are software differences in how HBA works, on my current Octavia with an A5 camera I've been able to lower the speeds at which it switched to and from high beam, and I was also able to make those changes on my previous Octavia which only had a 20 camera.

Stalk operation also seems to be different since moving the stalk to the hgh beam position disables HBA allowing manual high/low beam operation until the stalk is moved to the headlight flash position when HBA is reenabled.

• Informative
Reactions: Uwe

siLc

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=330192
Turn light switch to full right and you'll have full manual control of full beams via stalks.

• Informative
Reactions: Uwe