ParkPilot automatic emergency braking

maxl123

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=504861
Hey Guys!
I was recently able to drive a VW Tiguan and a noticed a strange button when the Park Pilot was activated. At home, I did some research, and it looks like that the Tiguan has some kind of emergency breaking feature while parking.
So first of all, I am a bit confused, because the Tiguan is actually a manual, is the car then stalling the engine or what ?
And second of all, is there a way to code this feature via VCDS, I am just curious because it looks like a neat feature for my grandma, who actually backs regular into other parked cars even though she has the full parkpilot feature and a reversing camera... :confused:

thanks in advance and kind
regards Maximilian

siLc

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=330192
If the vehicle in question has 5QA PDC/PLA module (module 10), then the feature in question should be already present. If 5Q0, then you probably have to retroftit a newer 5QA module.

maxl123

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=504861
Thank you very much for your reply! I will have to take a look at my Grandmas car if she already has the right module, if she doesn't have the right one, is there some kind of list, where I can look up the car and the compatible control modules?

Max