Not open for further replies.

stefdds

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=174556
why always autoscan, cant we just had a simple yes or no,

OK, lets see if we got this straight..... You purchased a RT VCDS because of their reputation and its effectiveness , and you came to this web-site forum because of the reputation, effectiveness, and world wide exposure. Great!

Now YOU are telling the community here how you wish to be helped ???? "I want my car fixed, But don't ask for ........." :confused: You purchased a VCDS, don't you want to utilize its capabilities. (?)

Liteace1

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=90243
OK, lets see if we got this straight..... You purchased a RT VCDS because of their reputation and its effectiveness , and you came to this web-site forum because of the reputation, effectiveness, and world wide exposure. Great!

Now YOU are telling the community here how you wish to be helped ???? "I want my car fixed, But don't ask for ........." :confused: You purchased a VCDS, don't you want to utilize its capabilities. (?)

There's always a smart ar5s somewhere,,,,,
"lets see if we got this straight"
well you haven't got it straight, you've no idea on situation,,, lets see,,,,you get a call from a shop, they tell you they fitted a brand new pump to an Audi v6, there's loads of these about, quite a few with bad pumps, nothing unusual, youve done several before...
You get to the shop, the car is sitting in the corner covered in boxes and all sorts of crap as its been there forever waiting for the "I want to drive an Audi, but aint got no money, owner" to bring some money, he does, they fit pump, they call you, you have a quick look on Ross Tech about immo 3, just for a brain refresher, you find the info, you follow the procedure, it doesn't work, you look again at the Ross Tech procedure to check you've done EVERYTHING correct, still the same problem, the shop owner standing there with the vehicle owner, they ask "and" you've got no answers, you cant charge for the job as you've not done it, you leave, you use your own gas that you've paid for to get back to where you came from, the afternoon has cost you money.

you check again that eve, you find this:

On that page you see this, again:

Injection Pump Swapping (V6 TDI only) thats it, thats the one, it is a V6 TDI, you click on it and it takes you to the same page youve read over and over and over again:

NO WHERE IN THE PROCEDURE DOES IT ASKED WHAT SYSTEM IS FITTED OR TO CHOOSE AS THEY'RE ALL BOSCH

So please please can you tell what difference a full scan is going to make ???????

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
HlynzyJ.jpg

-Uwe-

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
So please please can you tell what difference a full scan is going to make ???????
We need to be confident that the advice you get is not going to break/damage anything - that means you post an Auto-Scan.

I think we're just about at the point of saying, no Auto-Scan = no help?

JMR

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=432218
I can tell you that many 2.5 v6 are fitted with about 2-3 different pump codes ( based on HP and year model ). They have Bosch DDI system and they have the same problems. On most ,the power regulating MOSFET that drives the debit/flow electrovalve fitted in the pump blows / craps out. We do repair them around here at a price somewhere between 150-300 euros ( that includes diagnosis , removal of pump ecu , repair and refitting ecu back on pump ). However , if a customer chooses to replace the whole pump unit ( mechanical pump and ecu ) they need to have the PIN of the car and we just go to the car and rePIN the pump. It s not our problem if the car starts or not as long as we didn t sell the pump. Our job is to either extract the PIN and match it or just match the PIN. Now you can do this using a simple VAG KKL cable ( VAG KKL example , click me )which is really cheap ( around 20 euros around here ) and a small program called VAG Eepromer ( i use v1.19 , you can download that from various sites). Having those 2 tools , you could extract PIN and then use VCDS on channel 50 to match the pump to your immo system after you login into the ecu with the PIN.Or , you can do a IMMO delete and put whatever pump you want as long as it is the same code. Just please keep in mind that the replacement pump be of the same code ( 011 , 030 , whatever bosch code you have , which should be stamped on the side of the body of the pump in a 0470 xxx xxx format , you need to match last 3 digits ). Otherwise your car might not function properly , might blow smoke , will not pull on power , not start....etc etc
After replacing said pump and match it to the car , you could do a TDI timing to make sure the pump is properly advanced /retarded, using the same VCDS and the help of mechanic.
Below picture with Login code , which will be extracted as a 4 digit code to which you need to add a 0 ( zero ) before it to make it valid when you login into ecu. @Uwe , please let me know it this post breaks the forum rules regarding immo info/how to obtain a pincode/ etc ?
@Liteace1 : Savvy ?

https://flic.kr/p/2nDySLW

Last edited:

Liteace1

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=90243
I can tell you that many 2.5 v6 are fitted with about 2-3 different pump codes ( based on HP and year model ). They have Bosch DDI system and they have the same problems. On most ,the power regulating MOSFET that drives the debit/flow electrovalve fitted in the pump blows / craps out. We do repair them around here at a price somewhere between 150-300 euros ( that includes diagnosis , removal of pump ecu , repair and refitting ecu back on pump ). However , if a customer chooses to replace the whole pump unit ( mechanical pump and ecu ) they need to have the PIN of the car and we just go to the car and rePIN the pump. It s not our problem if the car starts or not as long as we didn t sell the pump. Our job is to either extract the PIN and match it or just match the PIN. Now you can do this using a simple VAG KKL cable ( VAG KKL example , click me )which is really cheap ( around 20 euros around here ) and a small program called VAG Eepromer ( i use v1.19 , you can download that from various sites). Having those 2 tools , you could extract PIN and then use VCDS on channel 50 to match the pump to your immo system after you login into the ecu with the PIN.Or , you can do a IMMO delete and put whatever pump you want as long as it is the same code. Just please keep in mind that the replacement pump be of the same code ( 011 , 030 , whatever bosch code you have , which should be stamped on the side of the body of the pump in a 0470 xxx xxx format , you need to match last 3 digits ). Otherwise your car might not function properly , might blow smoke , will not pull on power , not start....etc etc
After replacing said pump and match it to the car , you could do a TDI timing to make sure the pump is properly advanced /retarded, using the same VCDS and the help of mechanic.
Below picture with Login code , which will be extracted as a 4 digit code to which you need to add a 0 ( zero ) before it to make it valid when you login into ecu. @Uwe , please let me know it this post breaks the forum rules regarding immo info/how to obtain a pincode/ etc ?
@Liteace1 : Savvy ?

https://flic.kr/p/2nDySLW

Thanks for the info, I know all this, its the same problem as the early tddi Fords had with these crap pumps
The correct new pump has come from the dealer not a micky mouse back street repair shop + we've got the correct pin. Its the 2nd pump in about a month, the 1st one, on another same year A6 V6TDI was no prob, the "save" was not greyed out and it all worked perfect including timing it up.

This one where its located is a major PITA as there's no internet there, that would have meant 3 trips as 1st trip didnt work, save greyed out, next trip autoscan, then again back to click the non greyout save tab,
I cant get an autoscan as Ive no time to f00k about like this + they're pi55ed off, they asked me if I could do the job, I said yes (done the same job a month or so ago) they asked when, I told them, they got the owner there to take vehicle as it should have been running, so im not going back
I like to get there, get the job done, get paid, move onto the next job, if there's no simple answer without autoscan, close the thread and we'll leave it as one of life's mysteries

Thanks for all comments / help

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
1st trip didnt work, save greyed out
So you were there to work on the car, had trouble with it, but didn't take the 2-3 minutes needed to run an Auto-Scan on this car?

if there's no simple answer without autoscan, close the thread and we'll leave it as one of life's mysteries
As you wish.

-Uwe-

Status
Not open for further replies.