Brittney Griner ? fair and square or sham trial?

JMR

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=432218
So, she went to Russia, dogs alerted in airport, she had cannabis ...arrested, tried and sentenced to 9 yrs.
Fair /square ?
From my POV, she fucked up, she got caught , she tried to play the "gay" song, the " wait , i forgot that i have drugs in my baggage" , the "political prosecution" , the "wait, i don't know how they got there" , the " wait , my gay wife is missing me '", the " Please US Govt come rescue me even though i fucked up and I DID have drugs " ....etc etc.
Now it's not so cool of Biden to berate russian /any countries laws, trials and more than everything , evidence ( which the russians didn't plant and dogs alerted to it like they would on any other person/country/airport ).
US is also known for prosecutorial misconduct, unfair longer sentences on minorities , highest rate of incarceration and plain and simple the country with THE MOST wrongful convictions on the books.

Opinions ?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
  • Agree
Reactions: JMR

RGH0

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=433612
Yes of course everyone knows that the courts and police are totally independent of the Putin dictatorship ce n'est pas ?

• Disagree
Reactions: JMR

JMR

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=432218
I don t thinknPutin is involved in such small matter ...

RGH0

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=433612
mmmm.... for dictators nothing is insignificant in terms of how you maintain total control

JMR

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=432218
mmmm.... for dictators nothing is insignificant in terms of how you maintain total control
ohhh come on , he didn't put the damn drugs in her bags.. :facepalm:

• Agree
Reactions: Uwe

RGH0

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=433612
You sure ?

NZDubNurd

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=230482
If she'd come to NZ, our softcock prime minster would have said "Oh dear, poor darling. Go home and think about what you've done."

Of course, everything Uncle Jacinda is involved in, is a complete dumpster fire but she's not bright enough to work it out. That's why the place is turning to shit, damn fast!

When you go to a country and you break their laws, where you come from or what the laws are there ARE NOT RELEVANT - you are in their country.

She fucked up, tough shit. Local rules apply. If you don't trust the Russians, STAY OUT of their playground!

RGH0

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=433612
I agree. The stupid thing was going to Russia in the first place. Its a dictatorship and any reasonable interpretation of the rule of law does not apply

JMR

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=432218
I agree. The stupid thing was going to Russia in the first place. Its a dictatorship and any reasonable interpretation of the rule of law does not apply
Many americans go to russia and enjoy the place , no problems. Many russians go to visit USA , also no problems. Unless they know you re CIA or viceversa FSB :)

RGH0

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=433612
so you planning for a holiday in "Russia" . Sevastopol is a nice nice holiday spot i am told :)

JMR

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=432218
I d visit Moscow and whatever else is there to visit. They surely do have plenty to see.