I love VCDS

boostboy

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
This is a random post but I like to give people their flowers while they're still here;

I love VCDS, I think it goes over a lot of people's heads, but from a coding standpoint the VCDS interface is remarkable. I don't think anyone realizes how complex and difficult it is to make such a user friendly interface to interact with the Vag Cars and sort out all the modules and all the information they provide. Just to have the idea to make something like that is remarkable, let alone to follow through so efficiently. It has made me love owning Audis, Mercedes Benz Star program isn't even as detailed or thorough.
I have been able to diagnose and fix so many issues with VCDS and also do a lot of cool customization to my car. VCDS is way better than OBdeleven with their ugly UI and annoying microtransactions

Props to all the homies at ross-tech, splendid work. I hope that they make good money off of the sales because the price is great for what you get in return

I do like all sorts of cars so never know what car may be next, I do plan to keep the Audi s6 for awhile, but I know whenever I do leave the Vag world I'll miss VCDS

Bruce

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
--------
Thank you @boostboy . We really appreciate your kind words.

The team is not just the homies at RT but consists of a worldwide base of users who help us to make the tool what it is. It is the participation of all that takes Uwe Ross' brain child to the level it has achieved. He had a vision to build a tool to help his buds. The tool has gone way beyond his buds and is the defacto aftermarket tool in the world for working on VAG cars. Oh that VAG themselves would embrace us and enable us to do even more!

Thanks again!

Bruce
Director of Stuff Uwe does not want to do!

boostboy

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
Thank you @boostboy . We really appreciate your kind words.

The team is not just the homies at RT but consists of a worldwide base of users who help us to make the tool what it is. It is the participation of all that takes Uwe Ross' brain child to the level it has achieved. He had a vision to build a tool to help his buds. The tool has gone way beyond his buds and is the defacto aftermarket tool in the world for working on VAG cars. Oh that VAG themselves would embrace us and enable us to do even more!

Thanks again!

Bruce
Director of Stuff Uwe does not want to do!
Much props to all the users and employees that helped push it forward too, im not educated on the come-up of VCDS, I was fortunate enough to find out about it when it was already pretty advance but yeah I want to give props to everyone involved. A lot of skill went into the development for sure

boostboy

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
Have a read: An Enthusiastic Success

Written 13 years ago but mostly still applies...
That was a great read, cant believe I didn't see that before.

I hope all of you are still friends too. 13+ years of product success is admirable for sure, but 13+ years of friendship is just as remarkable especially in the business world

Bruce

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
--------
I hope all of you are still friends too. 13+ years of product success is admirable for sure, but 13+ years of friendship is just as remarkable especially in the business world
We are now at 22 years. Most of those who started with Uwe are still part of the team. Our distributing partners around the world, most have been with us between 15 to 20 years. While we may have disagreements, we remain committed to each other and to the product. It is my privilege to be a small member of that remarkable group you spoke about. I can proudly call all those who have contributed to this product's success my friends.

Again, my thanks to you for your kind words.

Back