ACC to Regular Cruise 2016 Touareg

DaneAmerica

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=524114
Unfortunately... I gave up.

I bought a new acc bracket and my acc works again and I didn't purchase the eurowise bumper...

On eruowise website there is a p7 with the bumper so they either live with error light or...

DubProblems

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HUC-2H
Unfortunately... I gave up.

I bought a new acc bracket and my acc works again and I didn't purchase the eurowise bumper...

On eruowise website there is a p7 with the bumper so they either live with error light or...

Hmm, well that's disappointing. I bought my car knowing the cruise didn't work but did not expect the headache that would lead to. Took it to the dealership for the initial diagnosis and they recommended I replace the windshield because the lane assist camera was loose. Replaced that then took the car back and it sat on/off at the dealership for 8 days total over the course of a few weeks. They claim they can't calibrate the ACC because of the lift and bigger wheels/tires. Running out of options and am tempted to just get rid of the car while I'm ahead (I am definitely not). My last ditch effort is to post a full scan in the diagnosis section of the forums once I get clearance and hope the hive mind can help me make some progress. Maybe there is something I am missing? I have read the system can be calibrated at home with trial and error but my issue is the modules aren't even communicating at all right now. Not sure what the dealer did or how with modules that aren't communicating but whatever... No cruise on a 2015 model is awful.... I hate to be that guy but I am previously coming from a BMW where you can switch back and forth with a button on the steering wheel 😤

DaneAmerica

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=524114
The option SHOULD be there.. it is there on later model vw with acc you can switch to normal cruise... not ours.

Try to contact the guy in this thread who posted his data and warned of that other error. I was motivated to make it work, but an inexpensive bracket fixed my cruise and so I forgot about it.. please do us all a favor and figure this out once and for all 😆🫡

DubProblems

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HUC-2H
@golfi_vend Any further experimenting with this? Is there a for sure way to de-fit without any error message on the dash? Could you do it remotely? :D

DaneAmerica

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=524114
I want it too.
Why can't I buy international parts from Volkswagen?

DaneAmerica

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=524114
I'm about to sell my vagcom. I'm over it lol

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
I'm about to sell my vagcom. I'm over it lol
VCDS isn't the problem here, it's the decisions made by VW how to develop their vehicles.

So selling VCDS will leave you dependent on dealers, and their charges, to fix any VAG vehicles you own - not a sensible move IMHO.

golfi_vend

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=195131
@golfi_vend Any further experimenting with this? Is there a for sure way to de-fit without any error message on the dash? Could you do it remotely? :D

Did one today. Same Checksum error when coding ACC of from cluster.
It may or may not be needed to code it off from cluster. Trying anything else is considered safe I'd say, just don't touch cluster coding.

For very proper defit You'd install correct CCS cluster and replace stalks.

DaneAmerica

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=524114
Did one today. Same Checksum error when coding ACC of from cluster.
It may or may not be needed to code it off from cluster. Trying anything else is considered safe I'd say, just don't touch cluster coding.

Does the checksum error have any effect on the vehicle other than annoying light on ?

DubProblems

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HUC-2H
@DaneAmerica From previous replies, it seems that it may be an error message that displays over anything else in the center screen. Quite a bit more annoying than a light as the screen is pretty useful :D I could be way wrong though.
@golfi_vend Super close to paying someone(maybe you :D) to defit my car if this can be done remotely. Just would still like to be able to use the cluster if possible. The improper stalk doesn't really bother me.

DaneAmerica

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=524114
20221014_150617_242d9c34-5750-49da-bf2e-b1e7bfde2c36_990x.jpg

I wonder if this guy is running a checksum error? Photo off eurowise website. I want mine like dis haha

DaneAmerica

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=524114
I forgot some came without it, if only we could've been so lucky lol

Groal

Reaction score
Did someone managed to code out ACC by now in a clean way so no warning messages will show up?

DaneAmerica

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=524114
I spoke to Eurowise last week.

They still have no solution.

asilitch

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=167019

But you are doing these by re-programming the CCS clusters in the car to clear the checksum error? In other words, you have figured out a procedure that is coding and reprogramming only?

Thanks!

golfi_vend

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=195131
Do all other codings except Cluster. Cluster view will be limited, but You will have Cruise.

• Informative
Reactions: Uwe
Back